need advise

mikez45

I am not a fan of the Pioneer VSX line so I can't recomment that receiver. The D3 amps in the higher end Pioneer receivers makes the jump in price worth it, IMO.

If this company ships to Canada, this is the receiver I would get:

http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/marsr7008/marantz-sr7008-9.2-network-home-theater-receiver-with-airplay/1.html

It's $100 over your budget, but it would be a fantastic receiver for many years to come.

Edited by K5SS

I have the 5006 which is a few years older than the new model. I do like the sound in my bedroom as it's 17x19 area and I don't listen as loud. But in my room where I have the KF-28's which your speakers replaced, I have a Yamaha as it has more power to drive the speakers louder. It will come down to your listening preference and what you prefer in bass response to mids and highs. The Marantz is cleaner sounding to me than the Pioneer, especially if not going with the Elite Series.

No. Only your ears will tell you who would win the battle. You also might prefer Yamaha or Denon over Pioneer or Marantz. Not trying to be difficult, just trying to help. Go to a couple shops and listen to the different brands, it would be time well spent IMO.

We can only give you advise on our personal preferences and sometimes that advise is a little biased..

My ears prefer Pioneer Elite receivers but I am a little crazy, I have bought and sold 7 $1,000-$2,000 receivers over the last 4 years. I am probably going to end up with a SC-87 and hopefully be done receiver shopping for at least 2 years.

Edited by K5SS
  • Like 2

No. Only your ears will tell you who would win the battle. You also might prefer Yamaha or Denon over Pioneer or Marantz. Not trying to be difficult, just trying to help. Go to a couple shops and listen to the different brands, it would be time well spent IMO.

We can only give you advise on our personal preferences and sometimes that advise is a little biased..

My ears prefer Pioneer Elite receivers but I am a little crazy, I have bought and sold 7 $1,000-$2,000 receivers over the last 4 years. I am probably going to end up with a SC-87 and hopefully be done receiver shopping for at least 2 years.

lol two years. Just get the top of the line and rock it till it's dead or completely out of date and useless
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

What I mean is that they are complete equals. You would be as happy with one as the other. You will not have buyer's remorse if you choose one over the other. That said, buy the one you can get the best price on.

If you want the best, you need to spend more money and look at Anthem. http://www.anthemav.com/

It's you who needs to agree and like the sound - Who cares for the rest of the world !!!

Somehow, I'm biased to Marantz or Denon line of receivers with 0.05% THD. In general, If I were you then like to complement horn's brighness with a laid back (swee sounding) amplifier.

Just take your speakers to nearby "audio shop" and audition them until you get tired of listening your known-loved music and movie sequences. Which ever combination sounds good to you that's the receiver you should go after ;)