Duratex freeze WARNING

DizRotus

If you have unused Duratex, do not let it freeze.  I forgot about the almost full gallon in my unheated garage in Michigan.  It's ruined.  Once it freezes, the structures of some of the polymers are permanently altered.  When it thaws, it looks like black crumbly foam.

I love Duratex and will order some more through Parts Express.  This time I'll store it inside.

• Like 1

If you have unused Duratex, do not let it freeze.  I forgot about the almost full gallon in my unheated garage in Michigan.  It's ruined.  Once it freezes, the structures of some of the polymers are permanently altered.  When it thaws, it looks like black crumbly foam.

I love Duratex and will order some more through Parts Express.  This time I'll store it inside.

that should be covered by the warranty - being up north - let;s say I place an order and have it shipped from PE - It was 20 below last week - any duratech I would receive would be ruined - you would think that they would make a formula for colder climates -

Edited by Randyh

that should be covered by the warranty - being up north - let;s say I place an order and have it shipped from PE - It was 20 below last week - any duratech I would receive would be ruined - you would think that they would make a formula for colder climates -

It is not covered by warranty. The Duratex people go to great expense to ship prodcuct in insulated heated vans from Florida to PE in Dayton, OH when freezing is likely. It is up to PE, UPS or FedEx and end customer to make arrangements to prevent product from freezing in transit. It is up to end user, in this case me, to read the instructions and store unused product properly.

It is up to end user, in this case me, to read the instructions and store unused product properly.

Taking responsibility for your own screw up isn't really the American way.  You really need to try harder to blame someone else.

Friend wanted me to send truffles to him in Arizona.  I bought frozen veggies and packed the truffles in a box surrounded by the veggies.  Worked just fine

It is up to end user, in this case me, to read the instructions and store unused product properly.

Taking responsibility for your own screw up isn't really the American way.  You really need to try harder to blame someone else.

Friend wanted me to send truffles to him in Arizona.  I bought frozen veggies and packed the truffles in a box surrounded by the veggies.  Worked just fine

I heard he was peased off. ;-)