Klipch THX Ultra2 - use alternative speakers in the setup?

Kreativtroll

Sorry about the typo Klipsch in the heading.

I am updating my KTU2 homecinema from 7.2. to a 9.2. In this regards, I have some space-limitations that hinders me, and would really like to hear your input and adivce befor making a decision. 

Here is the challange, my cinema is rectagular shaped (see Picture) and therfor I only had space  for the Ks525 in the "effective" cinema room. The KL650/525  are my front speakers, and they are to big inn size for the room to be mounted on the back (SRB).  Therefor  I only have KS-525 on the back (srb) and on the sides (sr).

I was thinking about moving the ks-525 from SRB to SR and buy  new set of SRB speakers. The challenge is to find a speaker that works with the Ultra2 system and that is not to big like the KL speakers.  Can any one help me out or recomend a spakers that will be good in this setup?

post-60703-0-46500000-1421320714_thumb.j

Optional, I can get a new pair of SR speakers, and keep it as it is?

post-60703-0-83340000-1421320669_thumb.j

Edited by Kreativtroll
  • Like 1

Another thing you might consider is giving the room Dolby Atmos capability. The Ultra2 in ceiling speakers would give you that. If you leave things as they are and add these ceiling speakers, you would be a 7.2.2 theater. You need an Atmos ready AVR or preprocessor.

Edited by mustang guy

I was thinking about moving the ks-525 from SRB to SR and buy  new set of SRB speakers. The challenge is to find a speaker that works with the Ultra2 system and that is not to big like the KL speakers.  Can any one help me out or recomend a spakers that will be good in this setup?

Just move the KS-525 to the side like you said and get some THX in-wall speakers like the 7800's for the rear. Even if you didn't want to cut a hole in your wall you could probably just make your own shallow box and use them as bookshelves. They are less than 4" deep.

http://www.klipsch.com/kl-7800-thx-in-wall-speaker

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

I was thinking about moving the ks-525 from SRB to SR and buy new set of SRB speakers. The challenge is to find a speaker that works with the Ultra2 system and that is not to big like the KL speakers. Can any one help me out or recomend a spakers that will be good in this setup?

Just move the KS-525 to the side like you said and get some THX in-wall speakers like the 7800's for the rear. Even if you didn't want to cut a hole in your wall you could probably just make your own shallow box and use them as bookshelves. They are less than 4" deep.

id do this in a heartbeat vs buying something you hoped matches the thx ultra line

Thats a great idea.  I didnt know that was an option, and thought I needed to wallcut a frame.