Nice Turn Table

NOSValves

Craig,

If mobile will allow me to use one of his quotes "you can do better for not much more money". If that is an RB200 arm, they currently use the RB250 arm and the table does not look like a recent model RegaP2 table though that could be a wood casing for the plinth. The RegaP3 with RB300 arm can be had used for about $100 more than the buy it now price. One other thing, the more recent the Rega3 table the better. The older RegaP3 tables motor is not as good as more recent offerings. I purchased the upgraded motor for my Rega3 for $150 and intalled it myself. The Rega is a nice mechanically simple table, very easy to set up, and forget. Hope that helps.

Klipsch out.

Jazzman,

I had no idea if it was good or bad. I had no intention of buying anyway just thought someone here might be interested but thanks for the low down. I'm way to cheap to spend $300 on used turn table. My last Turn Table purchase cost me $7 for a Denon with 2 cartridges LOL !!! I also bought a JVC for 24.95 not long ago !!

Craig

Craig,

You may consider yourself "too cheap" today, but I doubt if you won't modify that position in the years to come. Higher quality parts and their cost comes with the higher performance expectations of your ears as the years and you progress. BTW, I put no dollar amount with that statement, and as I said in another post to you, understanding the economics of speed suggests you will get to that point.

Guy,

Thanks for the scoop on the Lustre arm.

Klipsch out

jazman

Actually the economics of speed has led me to this opinion on Audio.

I spent a small fortune on my drag racing and in the end decided this is a big ripp off !!! Yes the more you spend the faster you can go ! notice I said can !! It doesn't mean you will or that dollar for dollar it will be worth it ! I feel the same holds true here. I guess it all depends on how deep your willing to go to gain small improvements.

Craig

• 1 year later...