Pet Peeve of Mine

The History Kid

Seller is asking $241 + Shipping for his RC-3 II...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Klipsch-RC-3-II-Center-Speaker-/291375688688?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43d7582bf0

This is a very rareshowcase speaker.

This vintage center speaker won't last long!!!

I was unaware early 2000s was now considered "vintage", and I didn't realize that an item that is a dime a dozen on eBay was "very rare" either.

I'm sure this attracts buyers...but it must just be the fact I have a problem with BSing people into paying more for an item that is statistically $100 too expensive.

I agree with your assessment but many are honest(correct) in their description.  Though the "very rare" part is usually a steaming pile of dog doo.

When I use the word vintage in an ad, it usually is structured like this:

"I have for sale a pair of vintage 80's Heresy II's in walnut oil with cane grills."

From Merriam-Webster

Vintage

: the grapes or wine produced during one season

: a period in which something was made or was begun

Full Definition of VINTAGE

(1) :  a season's yield of grapes or wine from a vineyard (2) :  wine;especially :  a usually superior wine all or most of which comes from a single year

b :  a collection of contemporaneous and similar persons or things :  crop
:  the act or time of harvesting grapes or making wine
a :  a period of origin or manufacture <a piano of 1845 vintage>

b :  length of existence :  age

Edited by willland

Although I agree...calling something from 15 years ago "vintage" just yet, is a bit of a stretch, there's no doubt that the turn of the millennium is slowly pulling away.

I've still got a Motorola pager and a cordless 900 MHz phone from 1998. If you saw them in your hand, you'd no doubt agree that they look and feel vintage by today's standards....not 70's, hispter-like, but definitely aged regardless.

If 2015 feels a little drab it's because we're still technically "stuck" in the late 90's paradigm.

Edited by Quiet_Hollow