Large speaker pairing/combinations...

jimjimbo

Just for the heck of it......Looking for your most humble opinions, and feel free to expand on your reasoning to your little hearts content...ok, here we go kiddies!!

Assumptions:   2 channel only, all of the amps necessary to drive/easily switched in/out, capable of both tube and SS amplification.

Good equilateral listening triangle of 13 ft. each.

Decent acoustics, ceiling treatment

Sources: BRD, phono, CD, Streaming

Rock/Blues/Soul/Jazz

Four pairs - (no subs)

Heresy I's - stock

Cornwall I's, recapped, total restore

Belle's -AA's recapped

Chorus II's - stock

Question:  If you could choose two or three pairs to play together (in pairs), which would they be?  And, where on the "flat plane" in front of you as the "Wall O' Speakers..." would they be situated?  Drawings welcome.

4 speaker (two pair combination)

Inside - 

Outside - 

6 speaker (three pair combination)

Inside -

Middle -

Outside -

• Like 1

OK cool....cuz I do this.

From your list I would do the Bells at the far left and right flank....I would put the Chorus on the inside of the Bells....I would toe in the Bells and have the Chorus flat just off the back wall.

I do this with my LaScala's and ChorusI's/II's...... I'll drive the LaScala's with one Adcom555II and my Chorus with one of my Bigger Carvers.....hmmmm TFM55x.

I have not done six speakers......but I would throw the Heresy on the inside of the Chorus.

Now I know you said no subs........but I gotta have my subs..... mybe one.....or two.......or three.......yea three....lol lol

MKP :-)

• Like 2

I would do the Cornwalls tight in each corner on the outsides with the Chorus II's just on the inside of the those. I've ran different pairs up front before, even ran a pair of KV 4's, one on top of each Chorus II playing in stereo and thought it sounded great. Things don't always have to match, some times the sum of two different sounds can create an excellent sound of its own. If you already have said speakers try out all combos and see what you like best.

• Like 1