MITerminator cables

matthew2

matthew2,

You've posed a question with no information on the components of your system or exactly what you consider as the problem with your 2 channel system? Changing speaker cable may have no effect on whatever the problem may be. More input is needed.

Klipsch out.

This message has been edited by jazman on 08-08-2002 at 02:05 PM

The MIT cable tends, on the whole, to be a darker cable then most. They are warm and a offer a bass foundation that is improved. Some find them too dark and not as quick. They are comparable with Transparent wire as they both have a version of the "Network" system. I find these type of cables do very poorly with SET amps. They do better on SS rigs where brightness might be a problem. I dont think they are the most neutral cables around although they might work well with horns. You have to try them out. The Cable Company allows this. So do GOOD audio shops. Make sure they are a broken in set as new can sound very grainy.

kh

------------------

Phono Linn Sondek LP-12 Valhalla / Linn Basic Plus / Sumiko Blue Point

CD Player Rega Planet

Preamp Cary Audio SLP-70 w/Phono Modified

Amplifier Welborne Labs 2A3 Moondog Monoblocks

Cable DIYCable Superlative / Twisted Cross Connect

Speaker 1977 Klipsch Cornwall I w/Alnico & Type B Crossover

Links system one online / alternate components / Asylum Listing f>s>

I do have a fully rigged MIT system that consists of Denon 2801 as pre, Denon DCM as cd, and Rotel RB976 amp. All are connected through MIT digital, inter, and speaker cables. Most are Terminator 2 or 330. My speakers are Klipsch KG4, KV3, and KG 1.2. I did notice a very big difference once I wired my entire sysem with the MIT. The soundstage increased and the mid/low caught up with the horn. To me it made it much easier to listen to CDs without being fatigued. I dont currently have a viynl or tube amp but those are directions that I am looking (and then look at new choice for cable). But to me the MIT made sense when you consider how much I paid for all of my cables..about $300 and with the $360 that I paid for all of the speakers the enjoyment that I get from it was well worth the investment I made (yes I can sell them for more than what I paid for them...may help to pay for that tube amp). My recommendation is to try them from someplace such as usedcables.com as others have suggested or buy a pair for a good price from audiogon. The speaker cables did make the biggest difference though.

I found a pretty good deal on www.audioadvisor.com and got a pair of Terminator 2 Bi-Wires in 12ft. for my KLF20's. My system is McIntosh and Rotel SS seperates (see the link below).

The bass now has very low extension now that I also found the right placement from the rear and side wall for the speakers. Talk about stiff cables! I almost needed a pair of lineman's pliers to make the connection the speaker posts! The mids are very neutral and the highs are a little more articulate and revealing but not over done.

The only thing I look out for is that some day I'll be looking for a new amp (probably McIntosh) and it may be a problem to find a model with a very wide barrier strip width so these rather wide (I ordered the small ones) spade connectors will fit. I would like to get an MC202 if it's affordable and in great condition.

Richard Dreyfuss to Wolfman Jack in American Graffiti:

"I'm looking for this girl...."

Wolfman's reply "Aren't we all...."

Anyway, I'm very happy with my purchase. MIT just says it takes about 100 hours or so for them to break in....they said it, I didn't.

------------------

Tom's Money Pit

try kimber 4TC. it is better than the MIT IN MY SYSTEM. RB-5, denon 3801, and sony SCD-C555ES. i came to MIT T2 biwire firstly. but i found it sounds liveless. although there is no harsh no high, but the music sounds lacking of passion or mood. so i change to kimber 4TC. a big difference. more detail and attack. music come to live.(Jazz and classic)

i feel a little bit confused, since my system should be a little bit bright, so the MIT maybe works, and lots of vertain says kimber is lean to bright. but my personel impression is kimber is better. so the deadline is let ur ear leading.