The Time Has Come...(Yamaha RX-V2500 Feeler)

The History Kid

Having received the email today that my Fusion's repairs have been completed and will be shipped back to me soon (I will have it by the end of next week) - it is now time to put the feeler out there for the receiver I've called my baby for the last several years - and the final Yamaha unit that I've personally owned.

I won't have any good pictures of this unit until the Fusion arrives next week, and I can take it out and get all of the formal shots. It'll remain on 2 channel duty until it sells - after that, a Sherbourn amp will be taking over that duty.

Based on what I've seen on eBay...it's held around the price I initially paid for it. The original owner was a Yamaha dealer that went out of business. He rescued this unit from liquidation when he did close up shop in Colorado. For me, it has always been on one system, and saw my room transform from a Klipsch/Jamo setup, to the total setup I have today.

The only thing it doesn't have included is the YPAO mic. Remote and power come with. Nothing is loose on the front panel push cover. All lights and indicators function properly. At least 9 of the 11 channels it has are currently operational...the other 2 never even look like they've had wires in them. Optics are nice and clean,decoders are working perfectly. No volume knob issues, like common in most other Yamaha's. No history of bad power supplies, no history of any internal damage. Video passthru is good (no HDMI on this unit), GUI functions normally.

I'd like to see if I can break even on the sale and get $325 + shipping for it (from 52806).

Yamaha's treated me good, but it's time to go another direction. This unit either sells here, or to one of my friends - it's not gonna see a posting on CL or eBay.

I'll get some pictures later this week.

Edited by IbizaFlame

Thanks, and yeah...I'm aware it might have to tumble a bit in price - that's why I'm being really particular of where it goes. You start babying things enough, you start treating it more like a masterpiece - and being more pointed on what happens to it when it's no longer the forefront of your work. :)

Where does the 2500 stand in the lineup? 

Michael,

I think the 2500 was current about 2004.

Bill 

Yamaha RX-V2500 Receiver Review

By Clint DeBoer  November 01, 2004
  • Product Name: RX-V2500

• Manufacturer: Yamaha
  • Performance Rating: star.gifstar.gifstar.gifstar.gifhalf-star.gif
  • Value Rating: star.gifstar.gifstar.gifstar.gifhalf-star.gif
  • Review Date: November 01, 2004 18:00
  • MSRP: $ 1099
  •  

Man I'm good. :D

Edited by willland

I have a 2400 and 2600, one with HDMI, one without. I think they're probably 6 years apart or so.

Where does the 2500 stand in the lineup?

To add to that...the 2600's HDMI is specifically why I went looking for the 2500 when I got it in '09. I wasn't quite ready to trust HDMI onboard receivers at that point, and especially not Yamaha's as I had heard absolute horror stories about them. I had previously demoed a 1200, 1300, and a 1400, as well as a 2300 - and liked the 2 and 3 series, but didn't like the 4's. Price was right on the 2500 - so I went for it, and loved it. It is absolutely livid when powering 2 channels, but there's a noticeable drop off from 5 to 7 channels, and a steep one at 9.