Sonic comparison of Forte VS RF 7 mod speaker

derrickdj1

Have both speakers been hooked up to the Pioneer without calibration and sub? One hooked to Speaker A and one hooked to Speaker B maybe, running both wide range and flat?

This was just an initial impression of the two speakers, that had to many variables to draw a TRUE A/B comparisons.  This was never meant to be a true A/B comparsion and is stated in the first post.  Amp were different, DAC's, Forte's needed speaker stands and the RF 7 were ran as small with subs.  Both setup are of decent quality and  should  of been adquate to point out the major differce betwee the two speakers.  The discussion turned in the direction of the RF 7's as some many things on the forum. That is not a bad thing and talking about the mod may be useful info to RF 7 owners.  At some point I will pair the Fortes with the SS amp/Pioneer/sub and swithch the RF 7's to the tube amp and run them as large.

I don't think this will change my basic conculsion:  Forte's excel in midrange performance and the RF 7's with certain music due to to having two 10 in. woofer.  Are the Forte's sound radically different than the RF 7's, NO.  I like the SQ of both speakers.  My 2 ch setup  can be pair with a sub and speaker set to small thru the BDP.  Maybe at our next Chicago gtg we may be able to do a more level comparison of the two speakers.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...