RF 42 or RB 61?

stygz

I am looking a building a new system for a room that is 15x19 with 13' ceilings. I am torn between the smaller towers vs bookshelf. I will be using a sub. I will also need to be somewhat child resistant as we have a little one on the way. Would the towers be more stable vs speaker stands. In the end the cost is the same by the time I buy stands and book shelves vs the towers mentioned.

Well I ended up ordering a set of RF52's and a RC42 on the Klipsch website. It has been just over a day and have not received a tracking number. It makes me kind of nervous as the RF52's in Black are so elusive. If these do not go through I will be torn between the RF42's or RB 61's. According to Klipsch It seems they favor the RB61's over the RF 42's for larger rooms.

Here is what the website says about shipping

Discontinued items

You may see some items that are listed as "Discontinued" during checkout or on theproduct detail page. Discontinued items are no longer in production by the manufacturer; however, some of our Fulfillment Partners may still have stock and be able to ship your order. There is always a possibility that the item is not available and that the order will be canceled, but we will do our best to find the items you are looking to purchase.

We will search our fulfillment network to find stock for up to 12 business days. If we cannot find stock, you will be emailed and asked if you would like us to keep searching, or, cancel the order. Because there is a possibility that the Discontinued item will be canceled, our system always assigns Discontinued items to a separate order with additional shipping fees. This means that we will ship you the available order items immediately and try to find your Discontinued items and ship them separately.

I do not want to wait 12 days to find out they don't have the RF52's. I know it is not their fault.

On a side note I have a new Denon AVR-X2100W on the way from Crutchfield.

Why not call acoustic sound design and see what they have left? And I would cancel the rc-42ii and get whatever one matches your towers. Maybe you can snag a pair of rf-62 for the same price as the 52's on the Klipsch site. Guarantee there are cheaper places to buy. Trust me! Then if you can snag the rf-62ii snag you a rc-62ii if you can.

Why not call acoustic sound design and see what they have left? And I would cancel the rc-42ii and get whatever one matches your towers. Maybe you can snag a pair of rf-62 for the same price as the 52's on the Klipsch site. Guarantee there are cheaper places to buy. Trust me! Then if you can snag the rf-62ii snag you a rc-62ii if you can.

I was thinking that at first but after two discussions with two different people at Klipsch I was recommended the RC 42 over the 52. The 52 will be my second choice though.

Just got off the phone with the company that fulfils the orders at Klipsch.com and it does not look too good at this point. I guess they reach out to dealers directly to get inventory. Ill give them until Friday to find me a set. Then I will decide between the RB51 or RF42. I will probably order through crutchfield because of their return process. They have been really good to me over the years.

Edited by stygz

Any way you can put bookshelves on top of an actual bookshelf or entertainment center? That's going to be way more stable and out of reach than either thin towers or bookshelves on metal stands.

Nothing like that is available for me to do.

Anyone at Klipsch who reccomended a smaller speaker over a big one should be ashamed of themselves. Why did they reccomend that if I may ask?

They took into account my seating will be about 10' from the speaker, planned sub choice, and receiver power output.

They took into account my seating will be about 10' from the speaker, planned sub choice, and receiver power output.

Hell I'm running RF-7ii's and an RC-64ii from 10' away and scrappy is running a full on cinema setup with two 15's and a ridiculous horn just as the center from 12', all are powered by typical receivers that in reality are really not that much more powerful than yours. Can't believe this would be a good reason to downgrade in speaker size. The 52 is more efficient and has a significantly lower frequency response given the same input.

Whoever told you that at Klipsch should be fired.

Marantz customer service is saying about the same stuff, they have it in their head that if your speakers can handle more than the receiver puts out then it's a bad match and you should get dinkier speakers or else it won't sound right.

Whoever told you that at Klipsch should be fired.

Marantz customer service is saying about the same stuff, they have it in their head that if your speakers can handle more than the receiver puts out then it's a bad match and you should get dinkier speakers or else it won't sound right.
wow what a bunch of morons. Bigger speakers are more efficient and are easier to run. So Klipsch and Marantz apparently hires rocks to answer phone calls and provide CRAP info.