home theater system

aahafez

Dear,

I joined the Klipsch forum because I believe it is the right resource to get accurate information.

I need your advise on setting home theater system. I am not professional but like to listen to quality music.

My system is composed of:

• Denon AVR- 2313
  • RF-62 II Floor standing Speakers
  • RC-52 II Center Channel Speakers
  • RS-62 II Surround Speakers
  • SW-112 Subwoofer

When I first installed the system, I used the Audyssey® Setup.

Last week, one of my friends, semiprofessional, adjusted the speakers using the Manual Setup; Amp Assign, Speaker Config., LFE and and LFE+Main, and Levels.

I am not sure about the correct way to hear quality music. What is the best way?

If I use the manual setup, what should be the readings of Manual Setup settings?

Thanks for yr help.

First of all, welcome to the forum! 

Others will likely chime in with better insight, but I will say the best way is the way that sounds best to YOU!  Other factors will certainly include the size and layout of your room, amount of music listening vs. movie time listening you do, etc.

You have some great gear!  Enjoy!  Adjust the settings yourself over time, keep tinkering and see what you like the best! 

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum.

It is your system so whatever sounds good to your ears!

I find audessey does a great job for movies but you can always double check the levels with a db meter. Music for me is a bit different. I turn audessey off, use only stereo and constantly play around with xover settings and double bass (lfe+mains). A basic starting point is xovers set to 80hz, even if audessey has set differently. I never listen to music using surrounds, the less processing the better for 2ch stereo. Depending on your choice of music and listening preference you may want to adjust eq or tone controls.

Welcome to the forum.  It is generally not recommend to use double bass, i.e. LFE + Mains.  Most people will recommend all speakers set to small when using a sub.  But, it is your ear that have the deciding vote.  Speaker set to small will also increase the avr's headroom to help with dynamics in music and movies.

• Like 1

thanks All for yr feedback.

i will try to summarise the outcomes from different posts:

- LEF to be only used

- crossover at 80hz

- speakers configuration: small. I have a question about my speakers, should they be considered as small? or large.

- one item is remaining which is "speakers' levels". i know you will answer that it is depend on the individual ears but there should a best practice to set speakers' levels.

thanks,

Welcome to the forum. It is generally not recommend to use double bass, i.e. LFE + Mains. Most people will recommend all speakers set to small when using a sub. But, it is your ear that have the deciding vote. Speaker set to small will also increase the avr's headroom to help with dynamics in music and movies.

maybe you and I have discussed this before but don't when you set to small it automatically sets subs to LFE+main?