Epic CF-3 Single $200 Cancelled!

ZEUS121996

Mark, how does the KLF-C7 stack up against the CF-3. both size-wise and sound wise at TV listening levels?  The C-7 has 8" woofs and the CF-3 has 10" woofs, and I would think they would sound very similar.

Assuming you laid the CF-3 sideways I think the off-axis listening should be similar because in both designs, they use the same horn (different CD's) rotated in the vertical position.

Dave

I never did the comparison. I had the CF-4s for fronts and 3s for rears with one of the KLF C-7s for a center. I sold the 4s and the black C7 when Ibiz picked up another C7 in medium oak for me. He ran it pretty hard with his new Emo amp and he pushed it without a sweat. I never drove anything that hard. He's selling the oak KLF C-7 since Im suppose to pick up another Belle for a center

Obviously the 3 is quite a bit bigger, I still have it on CL FOR $250, now reduced to $200 + shipping for Forum members.

Edited by ZEUS121996

why on earth don't you keep them they will make astounding centre channel speaker front and rear just flip them on their sides and go. Finest speaker Klipsch has made. For gods sake try them first before you give them away to people who don't give a hoot about them.

Edited by moray james

why on earth don't you keep them they will make astounding centre channel speaker front and rear just flip them on their sides and go. Finest speaker Klipsch has made. For gods sake try them first before you give them away to people who don't give a hoot about them.

A very passionate plea, Moray, I second that emotion.  I would say your argument was met with an open mind as Mr. Zeus has reconsidered, and amended his Post #1 indicating he is going to do exactly as you suggested.  :)

CF-3, front and center!  :emotion-21:

Edited by wvu80

After the feedback I've received, I'm going to keep the orphan and use it as a center. I just have a little work to do, longer ports //  Mark

From Mark's edited post #1 ^^^

Three CF-3's for L/C/R?  I know these are 20 year-old speakers that most have never heard, but the sound is so clear, so dynamic, it's just phenomenal. 

The man's living the dream.  B)

Edited by wvu80

No Dave

I sold the 4s, the 3s were rears, with a KLF-C7 center. When I bought the 3s the guy have the thinnest wire acting as a jumper between the horns. I just extended it to cross the room. Then a woofer cracked and I got tired of not fixing it so I parted out 1 and have an orphan 3. I sold the black C7 and Ibiz picked up another c7 for me in medium oak. I have Belles in the front, quartets for rears until I get the Decorators finished and I'm suppose to pick up another Belle for a center this week. The other pair of CW my buddy is getting for the $700 I have in them. So I still have an orphan 3 I need to figure out how to configure. Moray and a couple other people told me I was crazy to give it away, use it as a center. They 4s and 3s sounded great, but I dont want a collection, just a couple pieces. BTW, I'm thinking the 3 as a center is just a bigger and slightly better KLF C7. Ibiz has the C7 listed for sale.

Mark

LOL!  So after all that jazz you gave me two posts directly upstream about how I screwed up my understanding about what stuff you have, what you've sold (and you have to admit, it IS complicated) NOW you have gone out and picked up ANOTHER pair of CW's that you ALREADY didn't need??? 

You're my idol.  :lol:

Dave

YES it's complicated, Yes I picked up another pair of CWs I didnt need (as said in my inital post in the Alerts section) and YES I seem to be getting sicker. Instead of downsizing, I seem to be getting bigger footprints. A KLF C-7 wasn't good enough, you folks had to talk me into putting a 100 pound 3 in as a center. Now what the hell do I do? I still have a single Belle I'm suppose to pick up

Mark

• Like 1