60th anniversary print.

crustywon

Having done quite a bit of framing and matting myself, I found that mats are usually the cheapest part of the project. Depending on the glass (museum or standard) that can be the most expensive part of the project. In a lot of cases, the cost of the framing is more than the value of the piece. If you really enjoy it, you spend the money to have it presented in its very best light.

Case in point, this is a collage of some original work by Roy Nelson in 1939. I bought the originals at auction so I own the rights to them. This 16x20 print was done at Walgreens for $20. The framing (outer frame, linen frame, and insert were about $80 plus the cheap glass was another $22) was done at a half price sale at Hobby Lobby. But it hangs in the pro shop and people seem to spend some time looking at it, golfers who have a clue about the history of the game really seem to appreciate it. I'm having a 32x40 print of this made, the framing with cheap glass is going to be in the $450 range on sale.

What was my point? IDK, it's 10:30, and I'm half in the bag

Now that a price has been stated, I think the negotiations should be through PMs and leave it at that

Mark

post-48599-0-19080000-1429414804_thumb.j

Edited by ZEUS121996
  • Like 1

To say "ignore the listing" if in disagreement kinda goes against common logic, where one speaks up when they feel a wrong is occurring. It also sets terrible precedent. My free two cents.

Where is the "wrong here" ?

How does one determine the fair value of a piece of art?

Who here is qualified to determine that or should the free market not be the better choice?

miketn

Nevermind