60th anniversary print.

crustywon

the rule here is you have to have a price on your for sale items.

crusty, you have been here long enough to know this

I believe you are mistaken Budman. As far as I know there is no such rule and if there is please show where these rules can be found.

I can see especially in a case like this where the OP might want to take offers since determining the value of something like this isn't easy?

IMO if someone doesn't like making offers then I suggest they ignore the listing.

miketn

I'm in for $50.

Thad

I offered $19.99 shipping included and you outbid me. This is not an auction site, the seller may well have accepted my offer. TY for interfering with my purchase :D

Mark

That's why the OP said PM offers.

the rule here is you have to have a price on your for sale items.

crusty, you have been here long enough to know this

I believe you are mistaken Budman. As far as I know there is no such rule and if there is please show where these rules can be found.

I can see especially in a case like this where the OP might want to take offers since determining the value of something like this isn't easy?

IMO if someone doesn't like making offers then I suggest they ignore the listing.

miketn

I believe that most here would disagree with this assessment. It is in fact customary and also deemed a respectful move to start any -for sale- with an asking price. To say "ignore the listing" if in disagreement kinda goes against common logic, where one speaks up when they feel a wrong is occurring. It also sets terrible precedent. My free two cents.

I'm in for $50.

Thad,
Budman was reinforcing the point that this is not eBay. I think we should support that position.

Why is it that people feel they have a right to tell people how to list something or what they should sell something for in this section.

If someone doesn't like the add just ignore it IMO.

miketn

let me re-phrase this

the unwritten rule here is if you have something for sale post a price. bidding is for ebay

i was just kidding about the locking

we went thru this with Amy

Edited by Budman

To say "ignore the listing" if in disagreement kinda goes against common logic, where one speaks up when they feel a wrong is occurring. It also sets terrible precedent. My free two cents.

Where is the "wrong here" ?

How does one determine the fair value of a piece of art?

Who here is qualified to determine that or should the free market not be the better choice?

miketn

• Moderators

Out of respect for the OP's sale, and at the original request of the OP, if you are seriously interested, send him a PM to discuss pricing.  If you do not have anything to contribute to the actual sell of the poster, have questions or comments that relate to the item for sale or are simply not interested, please respectfully move along.  Otherwise, the thread will be locked.  ;)