A new to me home theater

ryanm84

I haven't heard any of the RP Series yet.
ive heard the 280, 260, 450 and the 250 surrounds. its been hard not opening the 160's ut figured since i had to sell everything to fund the palladium purchase that they would be easier to sell as unopened brand new 

• 3 weeks later...

Went to tug on the component cable and it doesn't move so pulling HDMI thru as I yank that out doesn't seem to be in the cards. Thought about putting the components behind me (opposite of the screen) then I have a speaker wiring problem. I Have time to think about this as I'm not moving in right away.

Throw from the projector to the screen is about 14feet.

I do have agreement in principle that the living room downstairs is sufficiently big enough for the Cornwalls to be used there so something is working out.

• 4 months later...
... then I have a speaker wiring problem. I Have time to think about this as I'm not moving in right away

Speaker wires can be put behind thick, hollowed out baseboard at the wall/floor interface, or in troughs under the floor, or even in deep grooves in the floor with wall to wall carpet on top.  About three years ago, scientifically oriented people on the forum assured me that would be O.K., and within reason (25 - 30 feet) speaker cable length wouldn't make a difference.  I selected the grooves, and the system sounds great.  Of course Maplethorpe, and others who think cables shouldn't touch anything (and be suspended in the air) would disagree. 

We have a 5 seat couch for the audience, with a desk directly behind (the top of the desk is lower than the couch back), and the equipment rack next to the desk and desk chair, on the right.  That way there is no electronic equipment in front of the audience where it might distract them, and for fussy (originally multi-channel magnetic) soundtracks of the '50s and '60s which have had their dynamic range compressed, I can ride the volume control a bit, more smoothly & undetectably than with a remote (helpful on only about 5 or 6 of these vintage films).   It also puts my desk and laptop dead center in front of the speakers, which in nice when listening to music while I work.

Edited by garyrc