Car Dealership Hassles

The History Kid

Me and the wife have an f250 03 and 09.  The 03 has 150K on it.  Thinking of trading the 03 in on a Mustang GT or a F150.  I cant think of anything worse than going to a dealership.  Colonoscopy, Root Canal, Kidney procedure or Family reunion.  We are both 60 this year.  I usually get too tipsy before we go, then they try to make the crap take so long.  I always feel violated after it is completed, like when a girl uses you for her own gain!  Whatever.....

If you are looking for new cars, a surprisingly accurate tool is the Edmunds "true market value" part of their site. You can enter every option on a vehicle and it tells you the dealer markup on each and tells you what the dealer can sell a vehicle for, based on real data from actual sales. You should be able to make a one time no-haggle offer of this amount and walk if they say no. Nowadays there's no reason to sit through the circus act of running back and forth between the sales manager in the other room for two hours.

I think you are wrong on that Stew man, I think this is the coolest thing I have ever seen posted: "I did it because i want to quit working and start the proverbial endless road trip -- the Flex has enough room for me to sleep in and to carry a guitar or two."
 Thanks Travis.  I’m surprised at the support I’m getting from people.  Maybe deep down others want to do this too?

Now as I believe we’ve talked before about this … i have profound hearing loss (over 80% gone in my right ear and over 60% gone in the left) so i’ll bring The Professor (BullMastiff) along for protection, otherwise, when i yank out these hearing aids to sleep, you could toss a brick through the window and i wouldn’t hear it. 

Steve