Darling 1626 SET Tube Amplifier

Zeshin

Up for sale is a cute and amazing sounding Darling SET amp.

This utilizes the Darling/Clementine circuit board, 1626's and a 12SL7GT. Hammand and Edcor iron underneath a beautifully hand made maple chassis with faux ostrich skin top.

Even though it only produces .75 WPC, this little "darling" amp produces a simply wonderful sound when paired with efficient speakers. 

Price: $400 + shipping

Pics:

IMG_6111_zpsvk0dq0a0.jpg

IMG_6112_zpsbdrf5pc4.jpg

IMG_6113_zps6piev4iu.jpg

IMG_6114_zpse8yucsr2.jpg

IMG_5798_zpsszs9v0jt.jpg

Edited by Zeshin

• 4 weeks later...

saw this sale on ebay after several listings by the previous owner, so what gives did you not like it, not a good match for your system / speakers, inquiring minds want to know ??

It is a pretty little amp, and the darling circuit 1626 is typically a superb sounding design 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Darling-Single-Ended-Triode-Tube-Stereo-Power-Amp-12SL7GT-1626-SET-3-4-WPC-/151639382954?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item234e695baa

Just a heads up,  we dont typically attempt to flip gear here at profit

Edited by joessportster

• 4 weeks later...

Price lowered to $400 + shipping!

@joessportster: I, like many people into audio and tubes, like to try out different circuit designs and tubes. Therefore, I buy and sell amps as I try them out. If I had all the money in the world, I would keep every one of them, but I can only afford to own a few amps at any given time. I did purchase this amp when I saw it appear on eBay, as I was intrigued by the clementine 1626 circuit and the style of this amplifier. It was being offered for a little under $400 shipped, which I thought was a killer deal. It's a great amp, sounded amazing in my system, but I haven't developed any attachment to it. I want to narrow down my collection, sell some amplifiers to purchase another - sound familiar? I personally don't see why I have to sell something at the exact price I purchased it at, or lower, when I decide to sell it for whatever reason, as long as I am selling it for a reasonable price. Even at $550, this amp is a good deal. Now that I've lowered it to $400, it is a killer deal, just like when I purchased it. I'm not "flipping" amps, I'm just trying to enjoy the hobby on a budget that doesn't allow the retention of gear that I'm not using. Thanks for the concern. 

• Like 2