WTB: Klipsch RB 35, RB 81, 61 or RB 61 II

willum24

So I originally wanted to buy a pair of LA Scala, but I am looking at a probable move from the Chicago area to Phoenix, AZ. I'm looking to buy a pair of bookshelves that hopefully will have original boxes to make the move easier. I will be an apartment dweller, but I need decent horns with woofers that won't have my wall-sharers in a frenzy. Thanks in advance for any responses. Local zip code is 60098.

If you can have rear ports - RB5 or RB5II will smoke any of those. 

is this because the horn size? 

how about keep your eyes peeled for some rb-75's. 

or i have a pair of the new RP-160's just sitting since i bought them. they have been demoed for about an hour and thats it. i have the original box and would be willing to ship them. 

Edited by Scrappydue

how about keep your eyes peeled for some rb-75's. 

I second, and third that. :emotion-21:  :emotion-21:  

Without a doubt, the best sounding "bookshelf" speakers(Heresys not really bookshelf speakers) I have ever owned and heard.

Bill

I'll have to decline on the RP-160s. They do look nice, I just can't in good conscience buy them without having heard them. I am somewhat hesitant to try out the reference premier line.

no problem just though id offer. They are just sitting waiting for a new home.

Decided to buy a pair of RB 61 ii's. 349 was a great deal, and they will have to do for the time I am an apartment dweller...if we like Arizona, I will buy a home down there worthy of my future LA Scala's. Thanks, guys, as always for the help, and I will be posting any deals from AZ and let you know if I'll be driving back to chicago if anyone wants something.