Enjoying stereo after many years away

Hi John Chi-town,

I agree with you about the sub. It was one of the first things I added as an upgrade. I use an SVS PB-13 Ultra. It is very musical yet powerful.

Surprisingly, after a few months of listening, my RF7 II's really opened up and produced much better bass than when I first got them. I though that break in thing was rubbish. I believed that your ears adjusted over time and that the sound of your equipment didn't change. I now believe there is some merit to this break in thing. Perhaps it is a combination of both break in and personal adjustment. With that said, I still use and prefer the use of the sub. It is crossed over very well and truly invisible in terms of low frequency placement.

• Like 1

Hi Dave,

Swapping the stylus was my first thought. You and I are definitely on the same page there. I found new 2M black stylus replacements for about 500 which would have saved me a nice chunk of cash. Unfortunately, red and blue are interchangeable and the bronze and black are interchangeable. I could have moved up to the black would I have had a bronze, unfortunately blue to black was not a compatible swap according to Ortofon. :(  

I could have moved up to the black would I have had a bronze, unfortunately blue to black was not a compatible swap according to Ortofon.

Good to know.

BTW, Roger is dead right about the Hope gathering.  It is more fun than the law (at times, literally) allows.  You get to absolutely wallow in various audio viewpoints and meet the best people on the planet.   Roger and his family are some of them. 

Be there or be square.

Dave

• Like 1

You guys convinced me, I will go! I have never been to an event like this but it's about time I do. In aviation, I am always on the quest to learn because you don't know what you don't know and learning can save lives. Well this isn't quite as dramatic but I have more to learn than all of you have forgotten. thanks for the warm invite guys...  

• Like 2

Well, if you have a plane the Hope Airport is just a couple of miles from the plant, though it's about 15 miles to Rodney's place out in the woods. Take a look at the pix in the 2015 gathering thread. You'll be even more sold.

Dave

Hang on...forgot we'd moved them. Run "gathering 2015" in lounge. Seadog had the best organized picture posting and here is a direct link.

Edited by Mallette
  • Like 1

You guys convinced me, I will go! I have never been to an event like this but it's about time I do. In aviation, I am always on the quest to learn because you don't know what you don't know and learning can save lives. Well this isn't quite as dramatic but I have more to learn than all of you have forgotten. thanks for the warm invite guys...  

RottenPilot,

We are a diversified group, I am a traveling RN with wife and two kids 13 &16. Dave is in the teaching end of rigging in the oil field industry. My buddy Kevin is a Dentist. We have Doctors, attorneys, and all kinds in the mix without any kind of barriers, just a love of Klipsch, music, and good people enjoying one another :)

My cell is (419)-231-5494

Feel free to call me with any questions and I will give you Dave's number if you do as I am sure he wont mind. Dave has a love for vinyl as well, but especially organ music???

We all encourage listening to others music so they get to hear what they want on different equipment :)

The Dates are the weekend of May 20th-22nd, but many of us go there the week prior to the weekend to get ready for the weekend and enjoy a more relaxed atmosphere.

My cousin was a commercial pilot and flew a big intercontinental air bus. He had a single seizure, lost his pilots license because of this, became depressed and died this past year :(

Feel free to call me with any and all questions you may have.

Roger

Edited by twistedcrankcammer