Stereo for under $400

justin_tx_16

Heck. How about a ProMedia 2.1 and an RCA RP8070?

$179+$69=$248

That will certainly murder any mini system for twice the price (comparing what the prepackaged crap that consumer electronic stores sell).

5 disc changer w/ remote sounds good enough. unless you guys know of a better one for a similar price.

this sounds like a winner, only problem? no remote on the 2.1 Frown.gif

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

promediatech@Klipsch.com /1-888-554-5665 - RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

s>

quote:

Originally posted by JasN00b:

i cant believe i didnt think of that lol.

brilliant.

promedais.. in my opionion... murder a lot of systems... not just mini.

yeah, i was kicking myself when i finally thought of it haha

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

promediatech@Klipsch.com /1-888-554-5665 - RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

s>

I wear old worn bib overalls and a t-shirt and my new balance shoes whenever I go shopping...seldom wear a watch, but when I do, it is either a classic antique rectangular wind-up from the early 1930's(one of my Dad's old watches I got repaired), my great grandfathers gold pocketwatch, or a Chronosport Seaquartz 30 circa 1979(REAL DIVERS wear CHRONOSPORT!!! Just ask any Navy S.E.A.L.!!) Smile.gif

It doesn't bother ME at all for the salespersons to not give me any service...I prefer it that way!! I hate being bothered by some idiot who figures he/she can con me into buying the most expensive POS in the store so he/she can get a big commission!! I have found that these folks normally couldn't pour P*ss out of a boot if the directions were written on the heel of it anyway, and my opinions of what is good generally never coincides with theirs, either!! I normally am just wandering around looking or already have in mind what I want, therefore I don't need any service until I ask for it! Smile.gif

First things first...the speakers are the soul of any system...you already have something to power them...so get a pair of used Heresys in good shape...to start out with. Once your parents hear them, they will love them!! Then tell em you know of some other items that will make those Heresys really sound great!! Go from there...pretty simple!! Smile.gif

Good Luck!!

------------------

I can now receive private messages

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to bring back one from the dead.....2 channel on the cheap? No problem if you are willing to look at used gear....

Look for a NAD 3020 integrated, usually can be found for a bill on ebay. Integrateds can be found anywhere cheap cheap. I recently picked up a nice Marantz 1060 for 30 dollars. CD player, a little tricky as I wouldn't consider buying one used and having it shipped, hit CC or BB and pick up a Sony or whatever for, what, 125? So, you got 175 left for speaks? well, IMO the options are endless there. I just picked up a pair of Boston Acoustics A40 bookshelves for 40 dollars (or course the shipping was 25).

Anyway, sorry to bring this back from the dead but one of the cool things to me is to go bargain shopping.....

Troy

quote:

Originally posted by mobile homeless:

If that sounds great, why bother even asking! Hell, you could have blindly looked in the phone book and asked the next door neighbor to pick out to their heart's content at Best Buy Barn. heh...

kh

not sure where you are going with that... for the price, it souds great. it certainly beats all the stereo's sold at best buy, and anything within my budget that would be simple enough to operate w/o me there and it all has a 4 year warranty.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

promediatech@Klipsch.com /1-888-554-5665 - RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5s>

Email Me