digital play back

horatio2

Might not be the right forum for this. I am looking to run pure digital via a USB connection to SPDIF or Toslink at my minidsp. I would like to know if any here can advise on what the better interface devices are. Lowest jitter that sort of thing.

Thanks-

dont use TOS...

And just what is wrong with TOS?

Doesn't take well to being stepped on.

Stepped on?

I have a 100' hooked up from the wifes Pc, through the wall, up over through the attic, down the wall to her Preamp in the lioving room, never had a problem. 

dont use TOS...

And just what is wrong with TOS?

Doesn't take well to being stepped on.

Stepped on?

I have a 100' hooked up from the wifes Pc, through the wall, up over through the attic, down the wall to her Preamp in the lioving room, never had a problem. 

I'm single so I have cable bundles snaking all over the place.

TOS is terrible to be honest... perhaps it's better than a few interconnects, but IT'S NOT the preferred method.

Jitter is my personal main issue with it, as well as it's inconsistency in connectivity and handshake issues. I would rather, and do, use Digital Coax.

Edited by Schu
  • Like 1

I run my digital media off a WD mini hard drive 3 TB, that is connected by USB to the BDP.  It is also wireless seems to be pretty good with jitter and handshake.  I don't have any CD's in the house and only a handful of old CD's in the car.  I use  a USB flashdrive 64 GB's in the car.

The wifes system has been running just fine for the better part of two years, she is good with jitter and handshake and tells me that all the time, but then again i better stay on subject, nothing better than a glass fiber impervious to outside interfearence.