Budget AV Receiver

oldtimer

The panny I gave my dad kicked the bucket.  It was from the early 90's,  I have been out of the loop for this sort of thing except I know the Sony's are horrid from the one's my brother in law keeps getting.  5.1 is all that is need plus a zone B option.  I would prefer that option to not be in series, but it may not be that important to them.  The denon 700 at 299 looks promising.  Any suggestions are welcome.

Hey oldtimer, I have at least four Panasonic SA-HE200 receivers. I used these for years before I upped the anty and went to the Sherbourns I am using now. The receivers are 6 channel, 130 wpc@ 6 ohms and really sound fantastic. Of course you can always run five channels, or even stereo mode if you prefer. Excellent shape and remote included. Runs most of the Dolby modes, Dolby PLII I think is the latest decode on board.

$50 plus actual shipping if you, or anyone is interested.

1e35585da001100a99560c687594d442-5993502

post-22639-059028900%201297436616.jpg

Actual five way binding posts, toslink, coax, you name it.

Edited by teaman

The main differences between the 100 and 200 was the actual binding posts instead of spring clamps, nicer faceplate, better remote and more power. The overall operation is pretty similar so it probably would not take much for your dad to figure it out. I also have the original owners manual to ship with it in case he needs anything along the way.

Tim

Edited by teaman
  • Like 1