well, she asked if anyone had any questions...

BigStewMan

guest speaker at work...does her presentation and asked if there are any questions. Silence.

I'll bet that silence ate you up!

silence gets me in odd situations as well.

at a work meeting...pre-hearing aid days, so of course i'm daydreaming.  At the end of the meeting, the person sitting next to me says, "the Chairman of the Board of Supervisors (for our county) asked you a question and you just sat there."  I told her i didn't know he asked me something so i asked what he did then. She said he sat there for a moment and then asked someone else if they had anything to say. So, i figure i should go square things with Mr. Chairman...i tell him that i wasn't being rude, i just didn't hear him.  He told me that he sat through that meeting wondering why i was angry at him. 

So, the next meeting (still no hearing aids yet)...i decide to watch You Tube videos on my phone...didn't know the phone volume was cranked up (again, i have PROFOUND hearing loss and couldn't hear it) then i noticed about 50 people turning and staring at me.

It's tough being my boss.

This story reminds me of a conversation I overheard between my cousin and his father my uncle many years ago. My uncle had quite a bit of hearing loss and my cousin says to my uncle "dad, you need a miracle ear". Then my uncle gave him this strange look and said "son, we don't need no mirror in here!"

Me and my dad about hurt ourselves laughing so hard. From then on it was a running joke at family reunions.

Edited by swapface
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Well maby one day we will see in person

Ever been to a Del Taco?  Chances are you will have seen me there.

Nope, never even seen one from the outside, so our diets are completely different..........do they even have ketchup at Del Taco ?