klipsch r 15 sw. 719.00

swa99a

The R-115SW is nice for home theater. It seems to be tuned to the low to mid 20 hz range and it can really output some low LFE around those frequencies. In terms of bang for your buck (with simplicity in mind) on movies it would be hard to beat. I just didn't care for it on music. I felt like there was some ringing and coloration at high volumes, plus kick drums just were not tight. I suppose what I was comparing it to didn't make it a fair fight, but still.

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters
  • Like 2

I did not say I did not like the RSW-15 I think it is a good sub, but not great.  Not much going on below 30Hz but what is there is solid (yeah, yeah I know the specs on it).  There are far better options!  Klipsch's forte' has never been subwoofers although I would consider the RSW-15 as there best attempt. 

To put the output in perspective, there is a scene on the Metallica Through The Never movie during Enter Sandman where a sledgehammer is dropped and tons of LFE is blasted out.  It's probably 25 hz if I had to guess.  Two of these 15's were rattling dishes in my kitchen that was a few rooms and 60' away.  This is in a house that has every internal wall insulated plus both batts and a layer of spray-in insulation in the attic.  It takes quite a bit to hear anything at all coming out of the theater room.  My two 18's definitely do not do this.  They are loud as hell down low, that port really pumps out some LFE.  

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters
  • Like 1

To put the output in perspective, there is a scene on the Metallica Through The Never movie during Enter Sandman where a sledgehammer is dropped and tons of LFE is blasted out.  It's probably 25 hz if I had to guess.  Two of these 15's were rattling dishes in my kitchen that was a few rooms and 60' away.  This is in a house that has every internal wall insulated plus both batts and a layer of spray-in insulation in the attic.  It takes quite a bit to hear anything at all coming out of the theater room.  My two 18's definitely do not do this.  They are loud as hell down low, that port really pumps out some LFE.  

I agree.  My R-115SW is a monster for movies.  Jurassic Park is particularly insane.  I find the response clear and precise.  It does what a big sub should.  Prodigious amounts of LFE.