Please Help me!!!

prodj101

To determine that it would take some rather pricey gear to figure out. I seriously doubt if Pioneer is gonna tell you, admitting that their amps actually do clip and all. The SF-2's are rather efficiant so it won't take but a couple of watts to max them out and at that point I doubt that the amp is clipping yet.

------------------

Tom's Money Pit

It would depend on too many things.

Also, by the time you hear it, your tweeters will be in great danger.

Basically, if the sound starts to sound funny, distort, etc. TURN IT DOWN by running to your volume. Don't just let your system fry.

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

For JBL related subjects and more fun, click: http://www.audioheritage.org

quote:

Originally posted by tblasing:

To determine that it would take some rather pricey gear to figure out. I seriously doubt if Pioneer is gonna tell you, admitting that their amps actually do clip and all. The SF-2's are rather efficiant so it won't take but a couple of watts to max them out and at that point I doubt that the amp is clipping yet.

Unless your running things like EQ's or a dynamic range expander at some insane level increase, like say +6db!

------------------

Tom's Money Pit

but thats the problem, it doesn't have a conventional turn knob, it turns, but it just displays it on the screen, the actual knob doesn't have a marking. But, I suppose this won't be a problem when all 5 of my tube monoblocks are done and i have tube 5.1 sound!

------------------

-Trevor

the rule I used as kid was twice the rated power and this holds true for my Class A amps, at 6-watts, my 3.5-watt Paramours are at their limits, at 60 watts, my 22-watt Pioneer is maxed out (according to their charts)and the manufactorers do provide specs (it is called maximum output) ...

------------------

Colin's Music System Ak-2 Khorns & Klipsch subs; lights out, tubes glowing & smile beaming!

"it's called maximum output". True, but this receiver is rated for 100 watts RMS, not 100 max. And either way, there are barly any receiver ratings that are true. many people have rated the power of these "100 watt RMS" receivers, and found that they can only put out about 20-25 watts of usable power.

------------------

-Trevor