WTB: K-52 Driver & Horn

Breck

Need a single K-52 driver and horn for KLF-30 rebuild. Came across a set of 30's for the right price so I decided to attempt a ground up re- design in an attempt to finally squeeze from this speaker the bass it SHOULD be producing. Although I currently own a pair of KLF 20's and a pair of KLF 30's (love these monsters) I would rather not pull a driver from either for this rebuild. Planning to reinforce cabinet to the tune of 1.5" mdf with all the proper dampening, insulation, bracing, etc. Cabinet re-tune, correct those useless ports, and in all likelihood will try a non-crites crossover custom built by Norman Cerveny Pro Audio. Will refinish the outer cabinet as well. Anyway one of these new old 30's as purchased contained a Selenium mid driver attached to a cracked horn. Certainly not complaining with regards to the Selenium squawker but I have a set of Ti's I would like use. Will trade the Selenium if necessary. Although a KLF 30 rebuild is fairly standard these days I am fairly anxious haven't done one in years.

• Like 1

Planning to reinforce cabinet to the tune of 1.5" mdf with all the proper dampening, insulation, bracing, etc.

Reinforce, how?  Do you mean building a box-in-a-box?

If you are wanting to do a stringer, I might suggest using a hardwood.  MDF is really just sawdust and not a good material for a making a strengthening spine.

Edited by wvu80

Need a single K-52 driver and horn for KLF-30 rebuild. Came across a set of 30's for the right price so I decided to attempt a ground up re- design in an attempt to finally squeeze from this speaker the bass it SHOULD be producing. Although I currently own a pair of KLF 20's and a pair of KLF 30's (love these monsters) I would rather not pull a driver from either for this rebuild. Planning to reinforce cabinet to the tune of 1.5" mdf with all the proper dampening, insulation, bracing, etc. Cabinet re-tune, correct those useless ports, and in all likelihood will try a non-crites crossover custom built by Norman Cerveny Pro Audio. Will refinish the outer cabinet as well. Anyway one of these new old 30's as purchased contained a Selenium mid driver attached to a cracked horn. Certainly not complaining with regards to the Selenium squawker but I have a set of Ti's I would like use. Will trade the Selenium if necessary. Although a KLF 30 rebuild is fairly standard these days I am fairly anxious haven't done one in years.

Breck,

I have all that you requested and as long as you're somewhere in the 50 states, the price will be right.

send me a PM and we can "talk" :)

Noah

Planning to reinforce cabinet to the tune of 1.5" mdf with all the proper dampening, insulation, bracing, etc.

Reinforce, how?  Do you mean building a box-in-a-box?

If you are wanting to do a stringer, I might suggest using a hardwood.  MDF is really just sawdust and not a good material for a making a strengthening spine.

Box in a box with bracing.  Gonna apply new veneer as well with a couple of coats of lacquer.