RSW-15 & LaScalas in A New Light

Youthman

The camera flash only add a tiny bit of light to the exposure, enough for making the eyes sparkle. If you want to completely eliminate it, hold a business card about an inch in front of it, that will still allow the flash to trigger without adding to the exposure.

Shoot thru is fine, just make sure the umbrella's is as far from the sb700 as the shaft can be extended, otherwise the light will not be as soft. The flash metering is done thru the lens during the pre-flashes. The camera flash tells the sb700 how much power to use after the pre-flashes.

That 50mm 1.8 is exactly the lens I was talking about. Really a fantastic lens for the money.

I don't use it a lot but it is a great little lens, very sharp, acts like a 70mm on a DX camera.

I and everyone knows what you mean by that, but... no it doesn't. :ph34r:

If this comment implies what I think it does, we are about to embark on a photographic argument worse than capacitors... :(

LOL! I didn't know it was a hot button issue.

Looks like I will be buying a D7100 tomorrow...figured it is a good time to upgrade from the D7000 since I will be taking photos of 30 kids this Saturday.  Wish I was getting paid for it.  LOL

You are getting paid for it, maybe not in monetary terms but the memories are priceless. I think you'll enjoy it.