Computer Protection?

Taz

At the moment I am using Panda Free.

http://download.cnet.com/Panda-Free-Antivirus/3000-2239_4-10914099.html

I switched from AVS Antivirus Free because I had a nasty virus I couldn't get rid of and I was switching A/V software trying to find something better.  You are only supposed to run one A/V at a time.  I think I like the AVS better.

http://download.cnet.com/AVG-AntiVirus-Free/3000-2239_4-10320142.html

The Panda is OK but it pops up several times a day nagging me to upgrade.  I think one of the others I tried was even worse at popping up many times per day.  I don't want to name names because I can't remember the culprit, but it was really annoying with it's own pop-up ad.

• Like 1

I just use Microsoft Security Essentials which is free. I have no clue if it's doing me any good or not. I have had only one nasty thing recently from PCH that latched onto my downloads file and changed the permissions of "Outlook Express" and I had to go back a couple days and execute a restore on Windows 7. That's all that happened in the last 10 years or so.

JJK

• Like 1

Been using BitDefender for several years and been happy with it.  Does not slow down the computer like McAfee/Norton used to.  At the time I first got it, it was getting really high marks from the usual places.  Plus, my brother works in IT and recommended it as a good solution. 

• Like 1