onkyo vs. denon receiver

MattD

I have an Onkyo 696 and, until I toned it down with a Parasound amp, it wasn't completely satisfying to me. I don't know if Onkyos are bright, but the amp section of the Onkyo definitely was significantly brighter than the Parasound, hence a better match to these ears for the Klipsch reference speakers. I hear nice things about Harman Kardons and Denons matching up well with the Klipsch.

Matt,

You can get a great deal on an HK right now check some of the out on Ebay. I am partial to HK and to Denon, rather than Onkyo. Just my taste thats all.

Sean

------------------

NOZ SYSTEM

Fronts: Klipsch RF-7's

Center: Klipsch RC-7

Rears: Klipsch RS-7's

Projector: Infocus LP350

Screen: Draper Premier 96" x 72"

TV: Toshiba 37"

DVD: Toshiba SD 3107

Receiver: Harman Kardon AVR 7000

CD: Sony CDP CX250

EQ: Harmon Kardon EQ-8

Sub: Dual SVS Ultras w/ samson 1000 watt amp

Spare/Back-Up: La Scalas

http://www.geocities.com/seanshometheatre/

MattD

Alot of people on this board like Denon with Klipsch. The Denon tend to be warmer then the onkyo, which can help control the forward nature of the klipsch speakers. But listen to both at a local Tweeters in the Philly 'Burbs and make up your mind.

-Dave

------------------

Home Theater

This message has been edited by DrPyro on 08-22-2002 at 09:23 AM

Howdy folks, been a while since i have stopped by. As for the Denon vs ??? question.... I have to say I am completely happy with the match that is Denon & Klipsch. I actually have 2 rooms that are all Denon and Klipsch setups, I could not bring myself to let the old stuff go Smile.gif.

Now, as with anything in this line of questioning, it is REALLY important that you get a test listen in and find out what your ears like! However, you will never know what it sounds like in your space with out trying it, but you can get a good feel. When i test drove my Denon AVR-5800 in the store it did really well, but when i got it home... WOW, and i still feel that way each time i spool up that room.

/ramble off

I've never been a Denon fan (I actually don't like them much it all, seem kinda snobby to me), but I would choose them because of stuff I have heard about Onkyo (which means sound harmonics in japanese incase ya didn't know). The audio kings in my area stopped carrying all Onkyo products because of reliabilty problems and they were sick of dealing with repairs and replacements.

------------------

-the forum prowler