Suggestions for boxing/packing Chorus II's

dbomberger

This is a good timing/bad timing kind of thing.  

As I was selling off collection of vintage speakers (that seemed to multiply like rabbits via Craigslist) in preparation for moving to warmer climes for at least part of the year, I came across Chorus II's at a price just too good to pass up.  Finally broke the news to the wife that yes, I still have too many speakers.  Survived that relatively unscathed-I guess she does have me figured out. But as I peruse various UHaul and other purveyors of cardboard boxes, I'm not finding what I need.  In the worse case scenario, I guess I could put them in the back of the Explorer but that will of course mean I'll have to leave clothes or the dog behind-and I'm not really anxious to do that.

Any suggestions/alternatives that come to mind would be appreciated. 

I shipped Chorus IIs from Georgia to Oregon and had the local UPS guy make boxes for them. He was used to me shipping collections so he took care. I take it from your post that you want the boxes to take to the speakers and haul back. If this is indeed the case you could get dimensions, add 1 or 2 inches all around, acquire the cardboard cut to size (with fold lines scored), haul flat / tape upon arrival and then use Home Depot / Lowes rigid insulation sheets to pack around, top/bottom of speakers. 

• Like 1

Remove the bases first, wrap the cabinets in several layers of saran wrap. Get some thin, cheap boxes from homedepot and cut them open, wrap the speakers with the cardboard and tape them up secure. Get some sheet Styrofoam or blue board and place on all sides and tape securely and then add one more layer of cardboard taped up really well. After that, strap them to a pallet and ship them freight. Not easy or cheap but your best chance of getting them somewhere safe.

• Like 1