Help choose new receiver for RP 280f speaker

nasdaq

I recently purchased RP 280f speakers and so am looking to upgrade my AVR from Harman Kardon 147z to something more appropriate for the speakers. I am currently inclined to Marantz SR 5010 but not sure if it has enough power for these speaker.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sherbourn-SR120-7-Channel-175-Watt-per-channel-Receiver-/131664955551?hash=item1ea7d7c89f:g:kyAAAOSw9N1VpcRr

You will never need anything more than this unless Atmos is a must have for you. I own four of these beasts and there are no short comings. It offers 125 real watts per channel across the front three and 75 real watts per channel for the other four. On the volume dial that goes to 100 my house shakes at about 30. Over 70 lbs of heft and every bit of it says quality. Like I said, if you are not into Atmos or DTS-X and that extra stuff this receiver will never let you down. Five year transferrable warranty too.

I am currently inclined to Marantz SR 5010 but not sure if it has enough power for these speaker.

I've had these speakers hooked up to a Marantz SR-7009, it was fine. I doubt you'd be able to tell much difference between 100 and 125 watts. Likely the only time you'd feel the need for more power is if you crossed it over low like 40 hz, put in some bass-heavy material like a heavy metal concert blu ray, then cranked it to 11. You will probably hear some clipping at that point, but you can avoid that if you have a sub and set it up right.

If you are power hungry anyway, another option is the higher end Denon receivers if the budget allows. They are quite the beast in terms of power output and being 4 ohms stable. Even the D&M second level tech support guys brag about them, saying with Marantz you have to have separates to do what the nicer Denon AVR's will do.

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

Maybe check out Denon on Crutchfield. They have some good prices on left over X4100 and X2200. I really like my Denon but will admit not 100% satisfied with its internet wifi connection reliability. It might even be just an issue I am having. I believe the 2015 models have updates that should make it better in this department. There were some good reviews on last years S900 (basically a X2100) on sound and vision website to give you an idea how they perform.. Yamaha has a nice line of receivers in the Aventage series. There is some good prices on last years RX-A 1040 out there also.