Klipsch SF-1?

felipe

Came across these when searching CL for speaker systems for a friend of mine. Along with these is the matching center and surrounds. Not familiar with this series. They were rarely used and look in mint condition. Asking price is 350 for the whole set. Anyone have experience or other thoughts? Suggestions maybe??

• 2 weeks later...

I'm assuming the center would be the SC-1 and the surrounds are the SS-1s? If so, that system is about as entry level as you can get.

I wouldn't pay more than $150 for the towers or $200-ish(maybe $250 max) for the whole set.

If I had $350 to spend on craigslist, I'd be looking for RF-3s or RF-35s.

$350 seems to be fair to slightly high. The SF-1's had a single 6.5" graphite woofer if I remember right. Is the center the SC-1 and the surrounds the SS-1? If so, $350 is not that bad off. The SF-2 series would outperform the more modern Synergy and BB-Icon line, as well as give the Reference line a run for their money.

Contrary to what Jay says though, I swear I saw those at Best Buy - but I could be mistaken.

SF-1's generally run $100-$150

SC-1, $50

SS-1, $100

If they're mint, the $350 may not be too bad. Pitch an offer of $250 and see where you are.

ETA: What Matt says is correct in regard to the RF line however, you will get better bang for your buck off of Reference gear. There's a few setups just over $500 in Iowa alone that includes the whole kit and caboodle. Including a 5.1 setup with floor standers and a sub for $750.

Edited by IbizaFlame

I was honestly impressed with the pair of SF-1's that I had a long time ago. They put out a surprising amount of bass for size and go pretty loud too. I typically see them selling for the $100-$150 range as mentioned above. I image a whole matching set would be a nice budget system for a smaller to medium sized room. $350 seems like top dollar but not out of the question for a mint set.

• Like 1

I'm assuming the center would be the SC-1 and the surrounds are the SS-1s? If so, that system is about as entry level as you can get.

To be fair, the SB-1 was the entry main, and the SS.5 was the entry surround. The first generation Syngery was built and sounded much different from the more modern Synergy/Icon/Reference line. The parts in them were pretty darn decent, and they didn't skimp on the quality at all. A good pair of SB-3's could hold their own pretty darn well.