working for klipsch...

prodj101

I think it would be great experience and doing something you love is always an advantage. Best things to do is learn anything and everything you can about Klipsch, horns, acoustical physics, and be able to work well with others, if you want tobe a tech person.

applying for the job I am sure would expedite a job Smile.gif

if klipsch ever asked me to join forces, i would give them a joyful "YES!" almost before they finished the sentence Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

promediatech@Klipsch.com /1-888-554-5665 - RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

s>

If you want to work for any specific company here are my recommendations:

1. Be the best in your profession (track record of performance and experience). As a student this starts with things like grades and activities. What differentiates you from the crowd as an achiever? The older you get the achievement needs to be more specific to your profession. Everybody like a winner.

2. Get part time and summer jobs at the company or competitor of the company you want to be employed by. Young students may look for part time work doing anything just to get to know the mgmt,network and sell themselves to the company. As the student ages more advanced jobs closer to their career intersts emerge. After your junior year in college I highly recommend a summer intern job. The odds are high that you will get an offer to work full time upon graduation (assuming you perform).

If you love Klipsch products and want work for them so you can make a living telling people about Klipsch and "playing" with all the latest products then you could work for a dealer/HT specialty shop and sell to the public or work for Klipsch and sell to dealers (assuming they don't contract to another company for account mgmt). You could also pursue marketing (advertising and press relations or product marketing). If your a techie you could do phone support, service, design, manufacturing, etc.

Bottom line is that all these jobs require traditional skills for their field. Get jobs/experience preparing you for those fields. If you want to be in sales get summer jobs in sales and use school acitivities to develop communication and interpersonal skills. If you want to be a tech try to work for a home theatre services company helping with service, test, and install.

Think hard about what you want to do. Do you like talking to strangers, developing relationships and networks, influencing people, negotiating, managing your time and motivating yourself to achieve goals? Then maybe sales is a good fit. It is usually a high pressure, quota carrying but rewarding career. Try to get a part-time and summer job in sales and start building a track record of sales achievement. In school look for activities that require public speaking and debate. Get involved in activities where you have to work with a team.

I think you should also remember there are hobbies and their are careers. There are a lot of audio and video enthusiasts that have unrelated jobs--many may start a HT store or install shop instead of working for manufacturers. There are also a lot of jobs/careers that have nothing to do with the product. I have friend that works for an airline in computers (IT) but he never flies.

High paying careers can fund expensive hobbies but they usually don't provide the extra time to spend in the hobby until later in life--neither does being a parent.

I started in engineering and moved to sales (I'm in the computer industry). I got to work the CES show in Las Vegas showing off a new handheld computer years ago. It was a blast. During the break I went to the video game pavilion and over to the high-end audio room...but that's another story

• 3 weeks later...

HELLO, I'm sortof in the same boat as trevor here. I love audio and computers. I'll probably end up working in one of those fields, I'm 15 and probably won't be getting a car becuase I want A pair of RB-3s Instead. Ok anyway by piont: A great place to learn about basic audio phisics is JBL's pro site. Their tecnical library has a bunch of PDF(adobe) files you can dwonload. I find these very interesting and I think they provide a good intro to the field. The website is:

http://www.jblpro.com/pages/tech_lib.htm

Thx