The Klipsch Audio Community
Sign in to follow this  
The History Kid

Anyone Near Me Have an Atmos Setup?

I'm trying to wrap my mind around the hype, and the texts I'm reading just don't seem to paint the picture effectively for me. Anyone in driving distance from Eastern Iowa have a Klipsch Atmos or hybrid setup that they wouldn't mind demonstrating?

Another guy on here said you make it down around Kansas City once ine a while and asked if I have met you? I told him no. But if you wanna come down this way there are a few Avs forum members with atmos setups. They are of course some of the big bass heads too.

I'm about </= 1.5 hours from you. I'm just north of Rockford.

But mine won't be ready for a year in guessing... Don't know how urgent your needs are.

My Klipsch dealer has a 15 seat theater in their showroom that's Atmos. Also in Rockford.

Thanks guys,

Yeah - I'm in no rush. I'm just kind of a curious person with it at the moment. Really wanting to see what the hype is about. Might take you up on that MB, if I don't end up Kansas City-way sooner.

Edited by IbizaFlame
  • Like 1

Why not go to a Atmos equipped theater?  Should be one fairly close by.

Why not go to a Atmos equipped theater?  Should be one fairly close by.

You're giving my state and the people who make up our general population way too much credit, I'm afraid. lol

Distant cousin worked at an Atmos equipped theater in Muscatine.   Last time I was through there it certainly didn't appear to be the cutting edge of technology in Iowa....perhaps it is.

• Like 1

Plus i wound think he'd wanna try the home version out as that's what he would be going for. 7.1.4 for sure has to sound different than having 20+ overhead speakers.

Edited by Scrappydue

Concept is the same.  Scale is different.    You will get the just of it wherever you experience it.  Every theater/home theater will sound different to various degrees.  Home theaters will likely have a greater variance than commercial theaters.  I tend to use commercial theaters as a reference to compare my home theater.  Don't really care too much what the next guy is doing, just what I can improve on over going to the big screen.    Atmos provides a unique sound, many will find it preferable to the alternative formats.