XXX is a pleasant surprise - best sound ever

t-man

Saw XXX at the local AMC multiplex yesterday. This was by far the loudest movie I've seen, with LOTR a close tie. They sure had it cranked up in there, and it sounded so good!

This movie has more things blowing up than you can imagine. So much bass. The snowboarding scene is non-stop thunderous bass. I can't wait to get this one on DVD and let my SVS and Klipsch work out on it!

The movie was pretty darn good, too.

T-man

------------------

KG 5.5 (mains)

KLF-C7 (center)

KG 1 (rears)

SVS 20-39CS+ (sub)

Aura Bass Shakers (pair)

Crest LA601 sub amp

Denon AVR 681/1601

Is AMC a chain of theatres of some quality designation? I find that in my local mall cineplex the sound isnt as good as in my den. Usually plenty loud but a little lacking in the bottom octave. Obviously it isnt easy producing deep bass in a theatre-sized room but... Anyone else have the same observation?

------------------

Danartdis system

HK AVR 500

Heresy mains

Heresy rears

Academy center

JBL 4638"sub"woofer

PE 250 watt sub amp

Yep!

Subwoofers and amps for, lets say a 400 seat theater are probably going to be at least $5,000. Why bother?

In the Bay Area, there was (~1996) a new THX Brenden Theater in downtown Concord. They had bass coming out the ying yang. Saw Starship Troopers there, it rocked my little world. Loud and clean. All JBL stuff. I was impressed.

It is pretty obvious which theaters don't have mAd subwooferage. When there is an explosion, either you feel it or you do not. Never any grey area! Wither they did it right, or just barely did it.

Oh well. My home is my castle!!!

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

For JBL related subjects and more fun, click: http://www.audioheritage.org

Still have not seen this one, maybe my group and I will take a gander tonight. ITS FRIDAY!

AMC seems to be a decent theator chain, though my favorite is probably Lowes. To bad they are not out here any more, my new favorite I guess would have to be Edwards. They are SUPER nice theators, though they are expensive, or is that because they are nice? Smile.gif To go to a movie, 8 bucks a person, 5 for a reg coke, 5 for a popcorn, 3.50 for candy, 8+5+5+3.5=21.50, bring your girl friend, 43.00! Rather go to Beni Hana's hehe

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

promediatech@Klipsch.com /1-888-554-5665 - RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

s>

Damn Justin, you are getting $$$ raped!

Here, NEW theater, very nice:

Ticket: $5.25

Large Coke: $3.25

Candy: They let you *** it in (actually, if you are discreet, they will let you bring your own!!!)

So, $8.50 + Wal-Mart candy is under $10 a head. My Mom's work has free, $20 (gift certificates) movie tickets coming out the ying-yang, so it is FREE for my friend and I!!!

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

For JBL related subjects and more fun, click: http://www.audioheritage.org

The AMC theaters here in Chicago land are very nice. The one I go to has 30 screens, each THX approved, and always using the latest SDDS or DTS soundtrack. All screens have stadium seating as well. Very pricey. 8.50/ticket with concessions just like Justin describes. The matinees are still even 7.00!!!

During this movie I could feel the bass in my seat better than in my home theater. I can't listen to movies this loud at home without breaking stuff such as walls and windows.

T-man

------------------

KG 5.5 (mains)

KLF-C7 (center)

KG 1 (rears)

SVS 20-39CS+ (sub)

Aura Bass Shakers (pair)

Crest LA601 sub amp

Denon AVR 681/1601

around here we have Hoytes... they are ok, but last time i was there i didnt have the appreciation for good audio so didnt pay much attention.

and we also have a theater.. i cant remember the name but it has very nice bass in a big theater, SW EP2 shook me up good.

of course when i saw LOTR there it was so loud... i swear during the black rider scenes the high range drivers were distorting :b

------------------

---------------------

I. Love. MUSIC!