Question for TheEAR

Kain

Lets say that you just HAD to decide between a Denon AVR-5803 or a Marantz SR9200 for a Klipsch RF-7s, RC-7, and RS-7s home theater. Which one of these two A/V receivers would you pick? Smile.gif

I know you have those really "flashy" amps and all, but lets focus on only these two for a moment. Smile.gif

So, would you take a Denon AVR-5803 or a Marantz SR9200 to power a Klipsch Reference Series 7 home theater?

------------------

Coming soon...

Home Theater:

TV: Panasonic TX-36P500X (36" Direct View 16:9 HDTV)

A/V Receiver: Marantz SR9200

DVD Player: Denon DVD-3800

Center: Klipsch RC-7

Mains: Klipsch RF-7s

Surrounds: Klipsch RS-7s

Subwoofer: Dual SVS CS-Ultras w/Samson S1000 amplifier

I know I'm not the ear, but it was just getting to me! Buy this power amp http://www.rotel.com/products/rmb1095.htm And this pre amp http://www.rotel.com/products/rsp1066.htm . I say that because I believe it would outpreform the denon for sure, can't say I've heard the marantz, but seperates are always better. The amp is 2 thou, and 200 watts by 5. The pre amp is 1499. Even save 700 dollars! please consider this seriously. receivers are toys sort of in my opinion, no offense.

------------------

-the forum prowler

You forgot to recommend the extra 2 channel amp he will need to match the Denon's seven channels and the tuner he will not be getting. Oops, there goes the $700 you just saved him (minus a few hundred more).

Otherwise it looks good. And I'm sure it sounds good too.

Ahhh, to be rich.

------------------

Mains: KLF 10's

Center: RC-3 (I know--doesn't match mains)

Surrounds: Quintets

Receiver: Denon 3802

DVD: Denon DVD-900

TV: Sony 36XBR400

VCR: Mitsubishi HS-U48

LaserDisc: Pioneer D605

MIT T2 and T3cables throughout

Did you read my post? I agreed with you. I merely pointed out that there would be a price difference. Which is why 99.9% of the people go the receiver route over separates.

Radio sounds like crap anyway and most stations play the same 5 songs over and over, so its not a major factor.

He specifically says in his question

"I know you have those really "flashy" amps and all, but lets focus on only these two for a moment."

So what do you do? You recommend separates. Did you think there might be a reason why he is looking only at receivers? Total cost or space restrictions?

G*d, please forgive me for getting involved!!!

------------------

Mains: KLF 10's

Center: RC-3 (I know--doesn't match mains)

Surrounds: Quintets

Receiver: Denon 3802

DVD: Denon DVD-900

TV: Sony 36XBR400

VCR: Mitsubishi HS-U48

LaserDisc: Pioneer D605

MIT T2 and T3cables throughout

KAiN,

Sorry about the very late answer,as I missed your post.

Denon 5803 VS Marantz 9200.I never heard the Marantz you refer to,I did however hear and have at home for test the SR18 and 19.

What I heard from both Marantz recievers I can only praise Marantz smoothness and quality.Still my vote goes to the big Denon.I would pic the 5803 over any reciever I heard(even the new Pioneer 49,a great reciever and Pioneer's best ever).

If you have the cash go for separates as no reciever will match good separates.I still have a Denon 3801,sold my 5800 in favor of the Sunfire Theater Grand II.As I almost never used the 5800 amplifier section(ATI 2505 and 1505 used).

TheEAR(s) Now theears

quote:

Originally posted by TheEAR:

KAiN,

Sorry about the very late answer,as I missed your post.

Denon 5803 VS Marantz 9200.I never heard the Marantz you refer to,I did however hear and have at home for test the SR18 and 19.

What I heard from both Marantz recievers I can only praise Marantz smoothness and quality.Still my vote goes to the big Denon.I would pic the 5803 over any reciever I heard(even the new Pioneer 49,a great reciever and Pioneer's best ever).

If you have the cash go for separates as no reciever will match good separates.I still have a Denon 3801,sold my 5800 in favor of the Sunfire Theater Grand II.As I almost never used the 5800 amplifier section(ATI 2505 and 1505 used).

TheEAR(s) Now theears

Thanks. Smile.gif

So, in your opinion, the Denon AVR-5803 is the best A/V receiver out there, right?

By the way, I don't think I will be able to get separates right now. I'll probably keep separates as a future upgrade. Smile.gif

------------------

Coming soon...

Home Theater:

TV: Panasonic TX-36P500X (36" Direct View 16:9 HDTV)

A/V Receiver: (Still deciding)

DVD Player: Denon DVD-3800

Center: Klipsch RC-7

Mains: Klipsch RF-7s

Surrounds: Klipsch RS-7s

Subwoofer: Dual SVS CS-Ultras w/Samson S1000 amplifier

Yes I think the Denon 5803 is the best receiver OVERALL.You have receivers that will perform better in one place here and there but if you weigh in all the positive things and all the negative the 5803 is the very best for the allmighty dollar.

A few contenders come mighty close,so its not THE only choice.

I just like a reciever with a BIG quality built in amp(I dont even use! LOL)and almost unlimited conectivity.Plus lets not forget sound quality and good A/V switching.As I loath receivers that degrade signal purity.

Just get the 5803...and NO I dont work for Denon.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

This message has been edited by TheEAR on 08-26-2002 at 07:30 PM

chepo61,

The answer the Pioneer 47,simply better built quality.And great features,the VSX47 has it all(almost all)plus a great price.You have to see these new Pioneer recievers a big jump forward for Pioneer.

Now on the side,VSX49 VS the 5803,hm the 5803 gets my vote.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

WTF!!!! Why are you wasting your money on a receiver when you could own a much better seperates system for the same price?!!! there are some people I just don't understand!

------------------

Tha System

Front- SF-2

Rear- SF-1

Center- SC-1

RSW-15 for the sub

Receiver- Cheap Pioneer

Amp for stereo Listening- Home-made tube amp 100 watt monoblocks

second to top of the line sony SACD- Technics Turntable, Pioneer Turntable, Gemini Turntable.