Help with setup

dsidhu

Now what i will do for you, is open myself to be "The", "It Could Be Worse" senerio. Kind of goes like this, in the road of building the HT system of you're dreams, or having it built and wanting the next "Biggest Baddest Thing", Simply hook up here at my place with you're wife in tow and you can show her, see honey, I Could be One of those Guys!

LOL!  :lol:  Everybody who has a wife needs a friend like Mark! 

"But honey, Mark offered to sell those to me for only $5,000!  If we knock down one wall and put a garage door back up in its place, I think those will just fit into the living room..."

After your wife sees Mark's setup, those little 90 pound RF-7's will start to look pretty good.  B)

And THAT gentalman is exactly how you should "Work Me".

You want an Upgraded AVR From Hell, show the Pic,  AVR suddenly becomes quite reasonable :rolleyes::D

Edited by minermark
  • Like 1

I had a 5.1 in the living room and converted to a 2.1 due to aesthtics and put a full HT in the mancave.  Setting up a smaller system in the living room will be much easier.  A couple of good towers setup right can be very immersive for movies and music.  A large vented sub would be my recommendation for open concept homes with a large space.  It will give you 5-8 db more output above tuning.

Sealed subs will have little cabin gain in large rooms, so forget the extra extension.  The only way around this is to get a lot of sealed subs.  Like 4-8 sealed subs.  This will not pass WAF!

Edited by derrickdj1
  • Like 2

Mine passed. ;) Only because my bride loves me. :D

That's funny; "can you find all the subs hidden in this picture?"  :lol:

Your listening positions are nearly identical to mine, with most of the seating being off-axis at weird angles.  I thought I was the only one with a living room setup like that.  :blink:

• Like 1