just got a new pre amp

marioramos

i am really happy i just bought myself a new pre. best up grade to my system. the parasound halo p5 its a great product. lots of things at that price. 

my system consists of the original rf7s yes after 14 years they are still kicking. monster mpa2250 power amp, the new halo p5 , marantz 5004 cd player and also macbook pro for streaming music. loving life right now. 

• Like 3

Thanks guys

Yes the halo does have ht by pass but I don't have the need for 2 ch stereo only. The would work great if it was intagrated in to a ht. I would recommend it to anybody who listens to music in there ht but not 100 happy with the sound. It will make a huge improvement in the sound. Best 1k you will spend for your set up. Before I was using a hk pre pro in stereo. It does how ever have a little hum I can hear at low level listening that was not there until I installed the halo what gives. Ground? Maybe

Parasound does make really nice stuff. If people want to know more about parasound I would recommend checking out a you tube video of John curl designer and I think the vice pre of parasound doing a class about the company. It took place at a retailer in San Jose called century stereo. It's a good watch for audiophiles. It's about 1 and half hrs long some but some time a side to watch! That's actually where I purchased the halo unit. The video made me feel confident in my buying and that I was invested my money wisely in the halo check it out.