Paul & Valerie Klipsch Museum Visit

dbomberger

Sometimes things are actually better than you expect.  My visit to the Paul and Valerie Klipsch museum was one of these events. It took a number of phone calls to arrange the visit since it is "by appointment only" and there was some confusion about who would actually conduct the tour.  Happily, the fellow who arrived was terrific, knowledgeable and possessing of a great sense of humor as well as plenty of anecdotes.  I really appreciated the ability to listen to so many different heritage speakers at the touch of a button.  Each certainly had a unique voice when playing the same material-and material Paul himself used. I left with my own ranking of which speakers I liked best.  I'm reasonably certain others would have different results as we all have different preferences in so many areas of life.

I loved the "bullshit" buttons, and the note on his T-Square in pencil. "This is a nice piece of ash." Seeing some of his drafting tools, working papers and desk were all great.  It's a small place, but one could spend a great deal of time here.  My wife said she was glad I did this alone-I think we are in agreement about this. 

A couple of tips on visiting.  Parking during the school year is as crazy as you might expect.  There are some restricted spaces on South Horseshoe that can be used-but only if you go upstairs to the Dean's Office and sign in-lest you get towed.  This made it a short trip to the Foremen Engineering School and the Museum.  I've enclosed a few photos of the day to give you the feel for the place.  If you find yourself near Las Cruces, I'd recommend a stop.

* Photos were too big to load.  Here is a link to my Facebook page with a dozen photos if interested.  https://www.facebook.com/del.bomberger/posts/10209177039371437?pnref=story

• Like 2