rogue sphinx integrated amp

rbtwsp

I currently have a hybrid tube pre/MOSFET integrated for sale in the garage section. Made by Valve Audio with 4x - 6922's in the front end and 12x MOSFETS for a power rating of 200 watts. I don't generally dis other equipment but am fairly certain the Valve Audio will smoke the Rogue in all areas. Big power nicely presented from the tube front end. Just way more juice than I currently need. Pictures in the garage.

I currently have a hybrid tube pre/MOSFET integrated for sale in the garage section. Made by Valve Audio with 4x - 6922's in the front end and 12x MOSFETS for a power rating of 200 watts. I don't generally dis other equipment but am fairly certain the Valve Audio will smoke the Rogue in all areas. Big power nicely presented from the tube front end. Just way more juice than I currently need. Pictures in the garage.

Looks very nice but it is more power than I need.

not sure if this is the correct forum. anyone have experience with the Rogue audio Sphinx? or other like this tube pre and solid state main?

Thanks Bob

I am not familiar with this amp but I use a tube preamplifier with my SS power amps. To me my system sounds the best that way. The tube pre tames some of the brightness of solid state many experience with horn speakers. It also broadens the sound stage. 

I have also thought about the Bryston B60 which I know is solid state but have heard they are very good

The B60 is a very nice piece.   Its probably my favorite out of the many Integrated amps I've owned(Plinius, Classe, Sim Audio, and tube int. from HH Scott, Fisher, HK, etc).   I'm pretty much in agreement with the various reviews (stereophile) with regards to its performance.   My experience is with the std. B60, the R adds the remote and the SST is its current offering said to be improved.  I sold my B60 a little over a week ago when I downsized one system.  It was 18 years old (2 years of excellent factory warranty remaining) and had never had any issues. 

Zim, which speakers were you using with the B60 and was it the typical solid state sound?

It's coming down to the B60 and the Sphinx, partly because there are dealers fro both near me and I think I could borrow a demo.

I wish the rca's on the Sphinx were mounted to the back panel instead of the circuit board

Zim,

Thanks I will be using CF3's, they are not as efficient as your speakers so I hope there will be enough power.  I listen to classical and like large orchestral. My source will be my Arcam FMJ cd23 which I really like