Forte WO - $400 - N Little Rock

Arrow#422

I would assume less bass on the Forte versus the Forte 2 with the larger 15" passive, right? Considering trying these but curious if anyone has owned/compared CF-3'so them. The Forte's are going to be more in your face, right? I'd hate to lose bass in comparison to the CF-3's like how the KLF-30's sounded in my living room. Plus no 15" passive and Tractrix mid horn. Just curious.

Edited by avguytx
  • Like 1

I would assume less bass on the Forte versus the Forte 2 with the larger 15" passive, right? Considering trying these but curious if anyone has owned/compared CF-3'so them. The Forte's are going to be more in your face, right? I'd hate to lose bass in comparison to the CF-3's like how the KLF-30's sounded in my living room. Plus no 15" passive and Tractrix mid horn. Just curious.

The main difference in the Forte 1 to the 2 is the mids. They both (spec wise) have 32Hz. I like my Forte, it seemed that the Forte2 has too much mid for my ears. 

The Forte is a great speaker. The KLF 30 is a lot more speaker. 

The bass is really about the same between the Forte and Forte II and digs down solidly into the low 30Hz range. The Forte II is rated slightly more sensitive (99dB vs 98 dB @ 1 watt/meter), but seems more so in actual listening (from my long ago memories).

The biggest difference is the Tractrix midrange horn on the Forte II... It was really apparent (and an improvement) with a better,"smoother" sound stage and imaging compared to the original Forte.

I've only heard CF-3's a few times and never directly against either Forte model (owned both). But I'd say the bass on the CF-3 had more "snap" and was a bit more dynamic.

I don't know that either Forte model is "in your face"... But the CF-3 is a little more laid back, until you start putting some power through it.

Is there nowhere we can see specs on Heritage anymore? I believe these are about 56lbs? That's 40+ less than CF-3'S. Maybe I should just hold out for my Belle build.

I've been complaining about the lack of "specs" on the new website for a long while. And I always get the same answer from Chad... He's busy, has a lot to do and will (at some undetermined point in the future) get to it.

Someone posted this link awhile back and it seems to have everything related to the older, discontinued models...

https://web.archive.org/web/20120121104208/http://www.klipsch.com/discontinued-speakers