Thoughts on th KG3's?

AaronB123

As some of you may know I am currently in the process of redoing my home theater. I am trying to go all vintage Klipsch. I recently ran into someone that saw that I I have a pair of JBL S310's for sale and asked if I would be interested in a trade for a pair of Klipsch KG3's he says they are in perfect working order, only thing is he sanded them down and refinished them which I don't have a problem with. As long as all drivers are original  or OEM and in working order.

My question is do you guys think this is a fair straight up trade? JBL's are in perfect working order but have some cosmetic flaws. One dust cap is partially pushed in but does not affect sound quality. Wood finish is also mint. 

For anyone unfamiliar with the speakers here is a link

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-5swJ0OjxxDi/p_109S310/JBL-S310.html

They are very good speakers and I was always extremely happy with them. Only reason I switched is because well I had an opportunity to get some vintage klipsch and have always loved the Klipsch sound but these speakers are by no means any slouch.  

Thank you for that, I was looking but couldn't find the specs on those. I actually had never seen them myself. Looking at the specs it looks like the JBL's are slightly better which is what i kinda figured but I know just because the specs are higher doesn't necessarily mean it will sound better. 

If it helps, every KG series speaker I've ever heard is very relaxed and smooth. They are typically a bit less sensitive, less dynamic, and more bassy than other klipsch models.

Overall just a warmer, smoother series when compared to your typical klipsch.

• Like 2