Klipsch RF-3 II surround options

amonteiro

I'm trying to find a surround option for my home theater. I have 2 RF-3's and a RC-3. I'm unable to find the RS-3's online anywhere and have little faith that I will. A couple of options I'm considering

1. Get a pair of RF-62's and use them as my fronts moving the RF-3's to surround duty. My home theater is pretty small, 11' width 20' length so more floorstanding speakers may be over kill. 
  2. Get a set of surrounds from the current line of Klipsch speakers (but I can't find any information on which ones would match the RF-3's)
  3. Get a new set of 5 speakers form the current line and use the RF-3's in a different part of my house. This is the least cost affective so trying to avoid it.

Thoughts?

I see RS-3's from time to time on craigslist but, may not be close to you.then, there is always the bay.

There were a pair of RS-3 in the garage sale section here recently. I would check that out if still available. Maybe someone will tell you another RS-option.

One thought is getting some new front mains and moving the RF-3 to the rear for that duty.

If I did not say it before, welcome!

You can look for the following if you're looking for more than monopole:

RS-3, 7, 25, 35, 42, 52, or 62.

Of those, the 3's were designed to compliment the RF-3's better. The 7's would blend into the system better. The equal compromise to those is the 35. The 42, 52, or 62 will provide a better dispersion of sound, (but I didn't personally like them when I owned the 42's.)

Keep an eye on eBay...the 3's are almost always on there, and if they aren't now, give them a couple of weeks.

• Like 1