Belle Klipsch woofers

j p bourne

Friends,

About a year ago I tried to purchase a McIntosh Belle Klipsch set.

I was unsuccessful.

I got a call today ---and seller is coming closer to my offer.

As I already have a nice set of Belles---I am not going to keep these if I get them.

My question:: He has the original woofers---unknown condition---and a non original pair of woofers are installed now. Unsure of make.

A/ How big a deal is the speakers having non factory woofers as to sound and value?

and B/ If the original basket is good---can the original woofers be rebuilt and at what approx cost?

Thank you in advance for any insight.

jpb

72 Vertical Cornwalls--85 Belles

other stuff

Edited by j p bourne

Bob Crites sells replacements and another good replacement is the Emenence Kappa 15C. Whatever it is, it needs to be 4 Ohm. If the guy put an 8 in there, you will be missing midbass and bass by about 3db...

You used to be able to buy rebuild kits for the K-33 woofers, but those are all gone. If you find a source, PM me. I have had people ask me since I did that K33 recone thread.

• Like 1

If not Klipsch K-33 woofers, for many the Belles would likely drop the price since they are not "Klipsch".  The Belles are one that would seem to hold their value much better with original Klipsch parts.  Some people may like mods but a wider audience would rather have them all Klipsch for the "Original Klipsch" factor.  That doesn't mean you can't fix them if the woofers are blown, just go to Klipsch and get new K-33s.  Pretty cheap in my book.

• Like 1

If not Klipsch K-33 woofers, for many the Belles would likely drop the price since they are not "Klipsch".  The Belles are one that would seem to hold their value much better with original Klipsch parts.  Some people may like mods but a wider audience would rather have them all Klipsch for the "Original Klipsch" factor.  That doesn't mean you can't fix them if the woofers are blown, just go to Klipsch and get new K-33s.  Pretty cheap in my book.

I've never heard anybody say buy them from Klipsch. I didn't even know you could. I guess I never thought of it.