RP160 or RP250 as Frontspeakers for my little Room?

Katze

I was on the fence for a long time on the use of direct radiators or wide dispersion for surround duty.  I like the wide dispersion for HT.  The direct sound is great and the wide dispersion just fill-in the rest of the side and rear space so much better than direct radiators.

uhmm im so sorry but i don't understand what u said :-(

please explain it using easy words.... im not ENGLISH :-)

To be more specific, I think panning works better on direct firing, I think aggressive things like guitars and gunshots sound better, cleaner, and more localizable as some effects should be.  

I also think things like the roar of a crowd or traffic and whatnot sounds better on the dispersed type of surrounds.  

RP-250S is for wide, big, surround sound. For atmosphere and movies.

RP-160M is for small, accurate, surround sound. For precision and music.

ohh thanks thanks thanks :-) my room is 350sq ft so i should use the RP-250S right :-D

It's your decision! Atmosphere vs Precision. ;-)

RP-250S is for wide, big, surround sound. For atmosphere and movies.

RP-160M is for small, accurate, surround sound. For precision and music.

ohh thanks thanks thanks :-) my room is 350sq ft so i should use the RP-250S right :-D

It's your decision! Atmosphere vs Precision. ;-)

Atmosphere Atmosphere :-D

so if in the next future i would buy 2 atmos speakers,which are the best between RP-140SA and CDT-5800-C ? (or if have a suggestion,please give it to me)

Do you already have those 280's?  Look at the RP-280FA if not.

too expensive :-(

Walnut RP-280FA's are on sale everywhere this month. Even at full price they are $799 each no matter where you go. By the time you get a normal RP-280 then get some modules on top, you're within range of having something much nicer.

In fact, at normal price, the seemingly cheaper option is in fact more expensive:

$799 * 2 RP-280-FA's = $1,598

$599 * 2 normal, plus two RP-140-SA's = $1,697

The FA is a superior solution no matter what price.

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

Hey look look... right now im in Italy but i can buy Speakers through PO BOX from a friend of mine that is an american soldier...if you are so gentle to let me know a shop that ship things through PO BOX i can buy the 280FA and all the other speakers if having a good price

Please if you tell me an online store where are at the best price i will buy the 280FA through PO BOX

acoustic sound design is a good place. Not sure if they ship fpo addresses though. I bought from crutchfield when I lived in Japan. So I know they do fpo ap addresses. Your friend is most likely gonna have to order them though. It's kind of a thing for military personnel.

Please if you tell me an online store where are at the best price i will buy the 280FA through PO BOX

scratch acoustic sound. They don't do po boxes at all. Crutchfield has the walnut color for 799 and they ship to fpo/apo boxes. But walnut is the only one on sale. Black is 1199$

scratch acoustic sound. They don't do po boxes at all. Crutchfield has the walnut color for 799 and they ship to fpo/apo boxes. But walnut is the only one on sale. Black is 1199$

Oh many thanks... Now ill go on google looking for some Us stores that sells Black Rp-280Fa ... I want to find the best price EVER :-)

Hey guys!

I've also made a decision for my Setup:

Front: RP160

Center: RP440C

Sub: R-112SW

Rear: R-14S

Thanks for your replies! In a few weeks will my room finally be finished and i can build my "little" Home Cinema ;)

greetings

walnut is my favourite colour... i love it for speakers.... 

acoustic sound design is a good place. Not sure if they ship fpo addresses though. I bought from crutchfield when I lived in Japan. So I know they do fpo ap addresses. Your friend is most likely gonna have to order them though. It's kind of a thing for military personnel.

Crutchfield can t ship the rp-280FA to PO BOX ... They told me are to heavy....