One of my favorite places on earth....

jimjimbo

Very nice photos.  My favorite just may be the one with the blueberry pancakes and bacon!  :P

I had a boss who disappeared alone for a week every summer into the Boundary Waters with absolutely no contact with anyone, not even his wife.

Beautiful, thank you for the link. It reminded me of my youth when me, dad, my uncle and cousin would go up to some place with lots of lakes near Hearst Ontario. We didn't have running water, and we got up bright and early before the water even got ripples. I loved those times, and sadly my uncle died when I was in college. He was the driving force on the trips. Now that my son has an adventure bike (just bought today), I have been looking for places like Quetico Provincial Park to ride to. Tents and Canada are a bit creepy, but I've done it a lot. Hell my wife and I went to Canada and tented for a week all over it.  

edit: I found it. It was Fushimi Lake Provincial Park, and the place we stayed was a lake that linked to that. It was an island I remember, and we had to take a boat to it.

Edited by mustang guy