Imaging Problem....

SWL

The same was true with the Marantz Model 30 integrated amp he did for me. I had to compensate with the balance control with that unit and it sounded very very good.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Give the preamp the ol rap test. Slap the top/sides of it to see if anything happens. Bad connection will do it also. I slap/rock all gear several times before it leaves my bench while testing. This works very well at finding stupid problems!!

Read this article. Accuphase uses a vibrating table!!

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiZ68fPz9DMAhVD6iYKHUsLClYQFggcMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.planetofsoundonline.com%2Fpages%2Faccuphase-factory-visit&usg=AFQjCNEIzTRfK0h7KJAYlWMRRsp9FY64jQ&sig2=yEvIUc5Rk8B7Y03tfdy7CA

Edited by paul79
  • Like 1

I'll eventually try smacking my preamp around but in the meantime I just got home, fired up the system and it continues to sound nice and balanced with the balance control favoring the right side.

When I tried this a few weeks ago it didn't sound right but I think it was because I had gotten so used to the imbalanced sound.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. Two days in a row now with the balance control favoring the right channel and still sounds balanced. I'm glad it's not my amp because I can definitely live with it this way.

• Like 1

Interesting how now that the sound is balanced I had to make a minor cut in the EQ at 1250khz a what a difference it makes.

The little things....ya know? [emoji106]