Inherited speakers.

Awesome speakers! My condolences to your father as well. It is a really cool way to honor his life by keeping the speakers and getting everything set up to play again, especially if they have been in storage. As for restoration, others have mentioned oiling them which is a good idea. The speakers are older and the capacitors in the crossovers tend to dry out over the years. Bob Crites has a businesses rebuilding and building crossovers for Klipsch speakers and can help you out. He is a great guy and well respected in the Klipsch community.

http://www.critesspeakers.com/prices-crossover_repair_kit.html

Here is his contact page:

http://www.critesspeakers.com/contact_us.html

• Like 1

Thank you ALL for the warm sentiments.  I will definitely take the advice and oil the speakers regularly.  Fortunately both the pre-amp and ST70 amp have both been worked on fairly recently so I think I am set on those, and I have been researching shops to take the McIntosh amps to-- (located in the NW).  The reel to reel does work thankfully.  My Dad has recorded quite a bit on reels over the years and because we were so overwhelmed with the amount of stuff to deal with (while he had some very nice things, he was absolutely buried in trash)- and so we sold a number of Pioneer Reel to Reel machines without considering that we would want to keep a couple to sort through his music.  By the time we were left with the TEACs, it was like-- stop the train!  Regret selling the Pioneers so cheap, but this will definitely work for now.   As far as the audio equipment though, yes, I view these things as treasures to be passed down and keep in the family, so wanting to restore to get them back to where they need to be.   My Dad had many interests and when he got involved in something, he went all in.  Music was one of those areas, as a player and a listener, he excelled in both.  Thanks again guys for all of the kind words!  

They say one man's trash is another man's treasure. Well my new friend, your father's trash is indeed treasure to the people here. It is very fortunate that you stopped that train. now you have met some people who can truly identify with your father's passions. Hang out and make friends. this is quite an addictive community.  :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...