2 channel listening room

cincymat

You only have 1 corner and mostly doorways. That looks more like a foyer than a room. If you sit in the chair on the left you are about in the middle, but you already know that. 

The wall on the left is going to be making that speaker sound different than the right one. There will be a lot more bass gain, and lots of high frequency reflections. You could put wall treatments on the left wall for those reflections, but you will still get that corner loading gain for the bass. The right speaker will sound anemic comparatively. If that door weren't there, you could just move the right speaker into the right corner and that would be that. A false corner for the right speaker might work, but it would look obnoxious on a smallish speaker.

Have I helped? I really don't know what else to add...

1 minute ago, mustang guy said:

That is better for sure. You can play with toe in to see what works best for you. Do you have some pictures you can share. From the drawing it's hard to know what is what.

Here's what is in the room now. None of that will be in the room when it's done.

Current Room

sorry for the link the insert linked photo option doesn't seem to work.

in the drawing, the square boxes are La Scalas, the larger rectangle is where the stereo goes, the other large boxes are chairs. 

Based on your dimensions and seeing the pictures, I have completely changed my mind. Your original drawing was not to scale for the LaScalas. Here is what the room would actually look like. Notice how the left speaker is a bit away from the wall? Notice how the speakers now fill your house with sound?  This is definitely my favorite setup:

m5qX5Ui.png

I don't like this as well:

uJPlZDG.png

Here is your room facing the house. The whole house will enjoy the music. Love that!

Beore%20and%20After%20painting%20(4%20of

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, mustang guy said:

Based on your dimensions and seeing the pictures, I have completely changed my mind. Your original drawing was not to scale for the LaScalas. Here is what the room would actually look like. Notice how the left speaker is a bit away from the wall? Notice how the speakers now fill your house with sound?  This is definitely my favorite setup:

m5qX5Ui.png

I don't like this as well:

uJPlZDG.png

Here is your room facing the house. The whole house will enjoy the music. Love that!

Beore%20and%20After%20painting%20(4%20of

Wow!! Thanks so much for talking the time to draw this. I like it very much. I'm picking up a very nice set of La Scalas next weekend from Matthews and am looking forward to getting the room repainted with new furniture. I'll post photos when it's done.   

Mark

Awesome.

BTW, I draw on Sketchup all the time. It really didn't take long. The La Scalas were downloaded from the 3D warehouse. What it told me right away was that the drawing you did had the La Scalas bigger than scale. Your right speaker isn't than much further from the corner than your left one in the drawing. 

• 4 weeks later...

Here are pictures of my new two channel listening room. I wanted everyone to see how it turned out. I really appreciate everyone's comments and ideas. Mustang Guy really sealed the deal with his 3D sketch. 

Here's the room facing the La Scalas:

image.jpeg

and one of the listening position:

image.jpeg

Iggy, our cat, really likes the new chairs.

Mark

• Like 1