Klipsch rp280

Hi, im looking for a POWER to run my rp280f. Ill mainly use them for 80%movies, and 20% Music (electro, rock)

AND yes, I will use them in Stereo. i have no room for surround yet. 

My sources are a computer, and a playstation. I also want airplay and hdmi.

My local dealer recommends me to pair them with a Reciever instead of a Stereoamp. He says the reciever will

bring more dynamic than a stereo will. He recommends the yamaha rx-a860. And I believe him.

I want to run the speakers with ease and get the most out of them.

Question 1: Should I buy a A:yamaha rx-2060?  or B:rx-a860 with a poweramp? (emotiva xpa 2. gen3) or (parasound 275 v.2)

The cost will be aproximately the same. Im leaning towards alt B. rx- a860 with the emotiva or parasound.

But as you can tell from my crazy rambling, im a beginner, and im new on the forums. Can anyone help me? 

Question 2: Emotiva xpa2 or parasound 275 v2?

Thanks

KingofTheNorth,

Welcome to the forum.

Where is the North in your name?

How long realistically before you have room for a full surround sound setup?

If a theater setup is way down the road, I suggest a nice integrated amplifier or stereo receiver(with networking).

Both of the Yamahas are good choices but I would lean toward the 2060 over the 860 if AVR is the way you may go.

What is your budget?

Bill

If you are going to stay in stereo, why would you want to buy all the extra features of the receiver and then hook up an amplifier to that?  That combination will not yield the best sound.  Also sometimes a Yamaha/Klipsch pairing will be bright. 

Now if you want to use the a lot of the eq features and such in the receiver and live with those effects on stereo, which I admit can be helpful, go that way but make sure you get the amplifier to go with it.  That will tame some of the sound from the receiver and add some guts.

There is also another way to go with hdmi, the Essence HDACC dac.  http://www.essenceelectrostatic.com/product/hdacc/ which sports an ESS Sabre 9012 DAC.

http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/essence-high-definition-audio-control-center/

http://www.soundandvision.com/content/essence-hdacc-dac-headphone-amplifier#CKbwSoLXhCUBEGzZ.97

I have the unit in one of my systems and it is very nice.  This little dac paired with an amp like the XPA-2 will truly get you into separates sound quality that many amplifiers with an and on amp in my opinion (and I have gone through a lot of combos) can not do.  This dac is also capable of doing HD / Blu-Ray.  For $499 plus the Emotiva, killer.

4 minutes ago, pzannucci said:

This dac is also capable of doing HD / Blu-Ray.

Great suggestion, I was trying to think of an affordable DAC/preamp that does HDMI so to suggest the same thing with an outboard stereo amp.  Though I would go a different direction with the amp.

Bill

1 minute ago, willland said:

Great suggestion, I was trying to think of an affordable DAC/preamp that does HDMI so to suggest the same thing with an outboard stereo amp.  Though I would go a different direction with the amp.

Bill

Yes, I have an earlier XPA-2, great amp but yes possibly a different direction would be good.  Just staying with the thoughts on the original post.  I would stay with balanced inputs though.  

6 minutes ago, pzannucci said:

Yes, I have an earlier XPA-2, great amp but yes possibly a different direction would be good.  Just staying with the thoughts on the original post.  I would stay with balanced inputs though.  

I did not mean there was anything wrong with the XPA2, just that on the used market you can get "better" build quality amps for less $$$. I would go used Halo before XPA.

Bill

I'm in the club that likes power amps, my choice would be the Emotiva or Parasound. My own setup is an Adcom GFA-535 amp and GTP-400 preamp, two Heresy IIs (sometimes I switch in my RP-280Fs) and a Klipsch 12" subwoofer. It's very much all music-geared equipment, but that means that dynamics can breathe through like there's nothing there. I use it for video games and music only; I play Star Fox Zero with the bass tone control up all the way and it pounds. For games, nothing is better than having music and effects come out with no limitations on dynamics or levels. And that's only with 65w! (I just picked up a 3.5 tube amp that may become my main gaming amp too; Klipsch speakers sip power)

I'm going to push it to a five speaker system in the future, or seven if Nintendo's next system supports it. For my purposes, I'm much happier having a stellar two-channel system than an okay surround system,  so I've really focused my budget and energy on that.

Hi, Thanks for replies.

Ill probably go for a stereo amp then.

I want power, dynamic and fun out of the rp280f. 80% I use it for movies, gaming, party. I dont use it for listening to music much. 

Any stereoamp that can run them with ease? And that fits klipsch?

btw, north is Norway, and my budget is 1-2000 dollars. I would hate spending alot money and not being happy.

Ive considered a cheap one. like onkyo 8150, or yamaha a701 or a801.(or maybe even primare i22) They all have dac.

any thoughts? 

Personally... you are better off with class d amplification in an integrated, something like a pioneer elite. They come with multiple dacs for each channel and are based on the sabre ess 9018 chipset... goodstuff without breaking the bank. You might be able to find a used one also.  

5 minutes ago, KingOfTheNorth said:

I will go for the as801 :) Thank you Willand :D

I thought you wanted HDMI?  Yamaha Integrates should be better than the receivers with Klipsch speakers.  I can also vouch for the Class D world of Pioneer Elite.  

With the Elite, you may not miss the external power amps.  My (semi-elite) Pioneer SC-1222k has pretty good drive, isn't harsh, and sounds quite good for a receiver though gives you 90% of a good amp and you can be happy because you have all the dac/goodie combos.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, KingOfTheNorth said:

Hell !!! I found the Yamaha rx-a1050 50% off :D ordered that instead... Have I messed up? :huh:

:lol:

Nothing wrong with that at all.  You have room for expansion with Dolby Atmos/DTS:X and multichannel preouts(adding amp/amps) and lots of great modern features.

Enjoy.

Bill

4 hours ago, KingOfTheNorth said:

Hell !!! I found the Yamaha rx-a1050 50% off :D ordered that instead... Have I messed up? :huh:

:lol:

50% off would talk to me too.:D  I'm sure you'll be happy with your new toy.  Equipment at the right price ALWAYS works.